1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being rude or anything, but even though this relates to BHPs, it's probably better if it's over at reloading so I'll move it there now, but leave it here (locked) so that others might contribute.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem, it wasn't life threatening.I have more then ample load information to keep me bizzy.At times diveloping a load is more enjoyable then shooting x rings all day.Mr.Camp,You must of taken personal contact training in your line of business.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello, Capt. First, "Mr. Camp" refers to my father! I go by Steve, Stephen, or when really in trouble as a boy, Stephen Allen! I also answer to "Hey, you."

Yes, I am retired from LE, but really don't know how many of the other moderators are or are not.

By the way, I dug out some of my old notes on load development for 9mm cast bullets and didn't find anything that would do good enough to recommend...other than the load I mentioned with Blue Dot powder.

I do not recall which issue, but a few years ago, "Handloader" magazine featured an article in which a fellow obtained sub-1" groups using a stock HP and a handload using PB powder and a Sierra 115 gr JHP.

You might play around with the 6.9 gr Blue Dot load and see if you go up or down a bit on the charge if it gets better.

I kind of gave up on the cast bullet/9mm thing and just shoot jacketed rounds in them, but do shoot a heck of alot of cast rounds in my forty-fives.

Best.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Steve:I have been trying to find a accurate lead bullet load for the 9mm for years.I always end up going back to a jacketed bullet also.I shoot 45acp most of the time,but I like to plink once in a while with the 9mm.Then I find my self experimenting with the 9mm loads always thinking I have found the perfect combination with always the same results 3 to 4 inch groups at 25 yards.I suppose I'll never get the 9mm to shoot like a 45acp for accuracy using lead bullets.I have been copying down the loads that the guys have been suggesting.I'll try them all over the winter months. Regards,Capt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts