1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have $2500 to spend on one 45 and it you plan to keep it forever.... This will serve as your plinker, target gun, your carry, and home defense gun. Wilson, Kimber or Ed Brown, etc ???? What model?

·
Registered
637 Posts
well, this is not in the spirit of your question, so take it with a grain of salt, but if I had 2500 to spend on one .45, I'd buy a couple of old army guns, or maybe 50's commercial guns.
seriously though, i've seen some of those era guns run like the enigizer bunny, dad has a remington rand that must be closing in on the six digit mark for rounds through it.
but, to asnwer yor question, I might do a custom build from one of the premier gun smiths like Yost or somebody. If its you're only gun it'd be nice to have a personal touch rather than a stock package.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Glock 45, Kimber CDP 45, and a Remington Rand 45.... I'm looking for the one high dollar 45 that will do everything .....

·
Banned
7 Posts
customize your glock? other then that id say the springfield trp operator or kimber tle Rl 2 and add some accessaries.
in my opinun your better off getting a tactical weapon then a match grade gun do to realiblty issues

·
Registered
179 Posts
A "little" more than 2,500, but as long as I'm dreaming - A Wilson Tactical Elite - all black - Bob

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ed Brown Kobra Carry please. :)

·
0 Posts
easy for me at least.... Wilson Lightweight SDS.. I sold a couple Kimbers to fund it and it was the best money I"ve spent on guns, at least. You should be able find a good deal on a low miles used SDS in your price range. Steel frames are easier to find though.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
In the unlikely event that curious set of constraints came to pass, for me, I'm thinking an Ed Brown Executive Target. Probably the two-tone one.

That is, while we're basically fantasizing, I'll fantasize that I can buy one here in CA !
Right now, only the blue is on "the List."

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would buy a Glock 30 - and use the $1900 remaining to put gas in my truck and spend about a month fishing across Montana next July.

The Glock 30 will plink just fine, shoot targets as good as I can, it's nice to carry and a 45 hollowpoint is a 45 hollowpoint regardless of what barrel it's coming out of.

Oh crap, this isn't Glocktalk is it?

·
Registered
586 Posts
kimberpro said:
You have $2500 to spend on one 45 and it you plan to keep it forever.... This will serve as your plinker, target gun, your carry, and home defense gun. Wilson, Kimber or Ed Brown, etc ???? What model?
Para-Ordnance P14-45.

To be more precise... this one:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
SA TRP or SA PRO... Spend the rest on ammo and magazines..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts