1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum. I have two 1911's and want a third. I will probably sell one to fund my next one. I seem to like everything I pick up - guess I'm hooked on the platform. My question is if you could have only 1911 what would it be and why? My experience with 1911's has been with S&W, and Sig - awesome, and have shot SA's and Kimbers - pretty good too.

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
1911'a are like Lay's potato chips, "you can't have just one"....:cool:

But if I really could only own just one, it would be a Les Baer bead blasted hard chromed, Monolith HW. The full length dust cover and satin finish of the bbhc, makes it look just magnificent. I don't think I need to say anything about LB's reliability or craftsmanship.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I'm sure some, including me, will respond twitching with the horrible thought of only having one 1911...:dope:

...the last one I would let go of in my collection would be my early 1970s Colt Gold Cup National Match that I grew up shooting. So, today, for me, to buy a new one would mean the new version of the Colt Gold Cup.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Almost certainly an STI but not sure which one.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I used to be able to pick just one 1911. Now I don't think I could. They all have a purpose.

However, if I was going to pick just one, I'd shoot straight for the top. I'd take a Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade. It has all the features I'd want, plus I know that it's had a LOT of extra love put into building it absolutely perfect. That means my only 1911 would not only look fantastic, but it would also function flawlessly. Best of everything.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I only have one. If one is all I could have, I'm pretty content with my Springfield.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
This game sucks. I want more than one.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If I was forced to own just one, it would be a Colt XSE with a blued finish.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum. I have two 1911's and want a third. I will probably sell one to fund my next one. I seem to like everything I pick up - guess I'm hooked on the platform. My question is if you could have only 1911 what would it be and why? My experience with 1911's has been with S&W, and Sig - awesome, and have shot SA's and Kimbers - pretty good too.
For me it would be Les Bear Concept VI. Great carry weapon, even here in the sand -box. :cool:

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
My question is if you could have only 1911 what would it be .

need a price range and primary purpose
if money was no object, I'd have a custom built specific for the purpose from one the country's top 1911 pistolsmiths

but since money IS an object, it's "production" guns for me....Colt or Springfield .
Why?..cause I like them better than the half dozen other brands I've owned

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If I had to get rid of all but one of the 1911s I currently own, I would keep my Les Baer.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts