1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And why? This gun must serve not only as EDC but also HD. I am interseted in seeing the sizes and manufacturers listed here.

Thanks,

-S

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Sean, this type of topic has been done to death, but with varied parameters. If you could own only ___ gun(s), what would they be and why? Or, if you had to bug out and could only take __ gun(s)... What pistol for zombies? What pistol for bear defense? For a tactical situation, what to you have available?

For your question, you asked it at the 1911Forum in the Wilson Combat section, so what do you think the answers will be? Let me guess, 1911s, specifically Wilson Combat 1911s. You have biased your query by the forum and section of your query.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your'e right

And there are a lot of up and coming gun enthusiasts that will continue to ask these questions over and over again as we progress through our generations. This is the way of learning, by information being passed down from those who have been around the block a couple of times. I could have posted this question in the general forum, but due to the fact that I personally like wilsons and have learned a great deal from those who own them, I feel most comfortable posting a topic like this in this forum. Apparently you have been around guns and this forum for quite a while to say that you have seen this topic posted so many times. All I have to say is if you think this is a waste of a post, and your time, why even continue to waste your time by replying? I thought the whole idea of a forum was to communicate and share information with others that share the same interests and hobbies as you? What I didn't know apparently is that you had to posts topics that were new, fresh, and innovative everytime so that there would be absolutely no redundency?

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
Yep Sean, try the search function. Folks get tired of repeating the same thing on different post ad naseum. The info has been shared before. You can find it if you look.

·
Registered
319 Posts
that's pretty cold...

·
Banned
112 Posts
I have a full size CQB with a Marvel Precision conversion for it. I have sold all of my other pistols to soley spend time shooting this gun. I want to devolop my muscle memory and instincts just for this particular gun. This is why for now I choose to have only one gun.

Jim

·
Registered
721 Posts
Luckily we live in a society where we don't have to worry about that...So I don't. I am perfectly happy with a full size CQB though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Only one gun without any restrictions?

A 4" .357 magnum on a "K" frame (medium size) . It can be used as a defenseive weapon for both open and concealed carry, can shoot .38 specials for practice, fun, economy and .357s for more serious work. Can hunt small to medium game with it, will fire any bullet type of proper caliber and reliability of revolver is usually not an issue where pistol can be.

However, after having said the above and I do have the above mentioned revolver, I usually carry a 1911 .45 acp for ccw. It has a slimmer fit than the K frame and reloads faster if needed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'll bite- my SA Professional. The gun is butter smooth, accurate, reliable, tough, and with a small amount of modification is my perfect combat pistol. I'll probably have that gun till I die.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK, OK, I'll bite.

The reason this is a recurring and fun topic for some people is because many members of this forum have several fire-arms and their answer to this question would depend on the day it was asked.

Most that own more than one are fond enough of each to have bought it at some point and are probably changable and ambivalent regarding favorites and enjoy their moods and shifting favorites.

Me.....I have a pair of grey/black CQBs. A brace of CQBs. Ahhh but I'd have to hypothetically break up the twins to use one as an answer to your question..... so.... today..... I'd keep a 10mm Colt Delta Elite.

Next time you ask you might get a different response.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would have to go with a glock 29. However if Wilson would offer a CQB compact in 10mm then that would get the nod. I do like the cqb compact for CCW though. But if it was my only gun I would want something that I could take game with as well. Now to get Mr. Wilson to make me one!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Glock 30. Reliable, compact, has high capacity, can take both the G21 and the G30 mags. It shoots forever, with very little chance of breaking. And the .45 is a common round. BTW, I'm also biased toward Glocks, as they are my favorite handguns.

·
Registered
114 Posts
CastleBravo said:
Why is this in the Wilson forum? Isn't it a general topic? ....

So true... If I could own only one handgun, it wouldn't be an autoloader. I would go with a big bore snub revolver.

If I had to live with only one of my autoloaders it would be my Wilson KZ Compact.

·
Banned
564 Posts
I've never answered it before, at least not here so I'll bite. It would most likely be a full sized 1911 in .45, likely something on the order of a Wilson although I am open to other makers. I would also have the Marvel precision .22 conversion, which is excellent in my experience.
Another possibility which I would consider would be a S&W 629 4", the standard model, with all black sights and an action job. with handloading its pretty versatile and even though I would miss having a .22 around its worthy of consideration.
What a shame though, I'd be missing a lot of my favorites, such as ppks .22, K38 and K22, Colt SAA, etc, etc. Guess I'm not a one gun kind of guy.
Joe S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts