1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to have your slide re-done as in refinished what would you have it done in ? The blueing on my Patriot on the slide is wearing not so well, but then again i'm using it in matches so it's getting used.

Kydex is tough on them i'm gathering..

So what would you guys suggest as a tough durable nice finish ?

May have the whole gun done, not sure yet...

Thanks
Jeff.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually

Gend, if thought i could i would, just don't think i'd get enough out of it to buy a new Expert.. besides then i'd have to buy all the parts again.. :)

but it is a thought..

maybe if someone had them in the area i could trade but nobody carries them around here, the dealer i got mine from special ordered he does not keep them in stock.

hmmm...

Jeff.

PS: I could always just trade it off for a new Glock 35 :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
"PS: I could always just trade it off for a new Glock 35"

Gasp! Blasphemer!

(Although I owned a G20 up until January)

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about contacting Dan Wesson about the cost of a reblue job in their custom shop.

The laser logo etching needs to be removed and replaced by the factory for the job to look right.

This seems like a good move to me as they really know how to do a great finish...

GM :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would like to see one of these pistols in a corrosion resistant parkerized finish. The one thing that I really loved about my old Glock pistol, was that I never really worried about corrosion...even when I was working in law enforcement, and had to stand in the rain to deal with an accident investigation.
A DW, with that strong of a finish would be a beauty to behold indeed!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL..

I doubt i'd get rid of the .45 although getting one in stainless is an idea, never owned a stainless weapon.. always had a soft spot for a nice deep blued weapon..

however I am going to get a glock 35 as I really like glocks to.. both the 1911's and glocks fit my hand nicely.. i have a 23 now and use that for IDPA, well did anyway..

I love that Tennifer finish on the glock.. stuff is tough. butt ugly but tough.. :)

see you can live in both worlds and survive guys.. really.. ;)

Jeff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts