1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought y'all might want to know...

I got to work today at the shop, and one of our Springfield Mil-Spec pistols was on the repair bench. It was locked shut.

I went and got the key, and turned the lock. It wouldn't open, so I turned it back, and then the slide functioned like normal. I dry fired it once, and low and behold, it was locked up tight again!!!

I turned the key back and forth once, and the slide unlocked, but then all I had to do was dry-fire it, and it was locked up tight.

This happened four or five times, every time.

All of the other Springfields we have are fine, and I haven't heard this from anyone else, so I figure that this is a problem wiht this individual gun, and a possible manufactureing mess-up, rather than a design defect. It does make me glad that I got a 2000 model, and that the ILS system is removable.

I'm gonna call Springfield tommorow and see what they say. I'm sure they'll take care of it, but this jsut goes to show that sometimes more safety features=less safe!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
S.F. Bill:

I think we all saw this one coming.

I just bought my 2001 loaded Champion last Monday and have been debating changing out the MSH for just this reason. I love my new SA but the ILS may have to go.

Please keep us posted on Springfield's response.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts