1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally made it!
I got my first 1911 in June (Charles Daly Empire Stainless), had a Kimber Classic Custom by the end of July, and got a new Defender a little over a month ago. I went to observe my first IDPA match this weekend and just finished reloading my very first 300 rounds. My credit card is full, my magazines are empty, and the shops just grin when they see me coming. Damn you John Browning! What have you done to me?!
I just wanted to thank everyone here for the wonderful information, and the patience you show all of us new guys who are just starting what will be a long and fruitful relationship with a truly addictive gun and past-time.
Scatmanblues

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Congratulations!

And just remember that you are doing your part to keep the economy healthy and vibrant.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats! I don't have a single action 1911 yet, but it will probably be my next purchase. Who knows, it could be at the gun show coming up in two weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am glad you had the courage to admit it. You know that's the first step towards recovery. I am happy to know that I am not the only one. I am working on my third 1911 and already have hit every web site, magazine article, etc. It's sad. When I walk into my local gun shop it's like Norm walking into Cheers. Let me ask you this. What's the best lie you told your wife when she asked if had recently purchased another gun? Mine. No honey, I've always had that Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If there was a picture of a 1911 addict in your dictionary it would be me. I currently own 19 different 1911 variants, such as Randalls, Paraordanance, ODI Viking, Springfield Armories, Kimbers, 1911s, 1911A-1s Series 70s, Caspians. Yep you could say that I like 1911s.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hey Scatman-B,
I enjoyed meeting you last Saturday at the IDPA match...hope to see you there next month...the more the better!!!

Barry

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jfrizz,
I am not married, but I do know I've had to answer some pretty sharp questions from parents, etc. who say things like, "Didn't you say you had that credit card paid off?" or "Aren't you saving for a down payment on a new car?" Kinda hard to say that I'm thinking 172,000mi can't be so bad for an engine as long as I have my Kimber!

Barry,
I definitly plan on trying out the IDPA match next month -I want to shoot this time. It almost killed me having to drive home after watching all that without having fired a single shot myself. My roommate and I both re-cleaned our guns just because we were feeling the need to be close to them. You know, on second thought, maybe I don't need to find a wife....my new Defender is awfully pretty...Now, how do I explain that one to Mom?

Scatmanblues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts