1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the bashing I did after my Raptor experience, I took another chance on Kimber.

I picked up a Kimber Tactical Pro II for a really good price. After talking with the gunshop owner, he says if anything is wrong with it, the shop pays for shipping to Kimber. I was sold. If anyone remembers, that was my biggest complaint. I didnt want to pay for shipping on my Raptors that were darn near new.

Once again, first time shooting it...........

First 2 rounds..................FTRTB.......oh no, what have I done.........

3rd round, smooth.........4th, smooth.........I now have over 400 rounds thru this Tactical and after the first 2 rounds, flawless...

Another thing, I didnt use WWB FMJ......I used 300 rounds of Wolf ammunition, and 100 rounds of my handloads. Handloads were 200gr SWC, 4.0 gr of Bullseye. What a pistol. I am sure that if it had problems, as long as I dont have to put my own $$ out for shipping, I would still be pleased.

It has great accuracy!

The most important thing........I am trusting my life with it. I carry it everyday with no worries. Thats what I expected out of my Raptors.

I am now waiting for my Wilson Combat Classic to arrive. The arrival is shadowed by the Kimber's perfect function and the need to go shoot it again.

Try Wolf performance ammo, yeah its a little dirty but you have to clean them anyway right?? My Kimber loves the stuff!!

So with the regulars permission, can I come back to the Kimber forums??

LOL

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
You are welcomed back into the fold. However, there is a one time re-entry fee of a photo of you new gun. Please pay at the desk...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Why?

Seabee71, what brought you back? Was it the really good deal on the Tactical Pro II or the paid shipping charges back to Kimber or the :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Sure hope you have as good a performance with your new Kimber as I've had with mine. I'm not the type who usually lucks out so I'm not sure why my Kimbers are doing so well. :confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry to hear you had problems with your Raptor. My raptor II has been flawless.

BTW, I would avoid Winchester WinClean ammo like the plague. I have had problems with it in three pistols (Kimber Gold Match, Kimber Custom Compact, and Ruger P97). I have known several pther people who have had problems with it, at least in .45 ACP caliber. In all instances. the problems resembled those one might expect if the ammo were low-powered.

The only way I could get the WinClean ammo to function correctly in my Gold Match was to use a 14-lb recoil spring.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shootalot said:
Seabee71, what brought you back? Was it the really good deal on the Tactical Pro II or the paid shipping charges back to Kimber or the :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Sure hope you have as good a performance with your new Kimber as I've had with mine. I'm not the type who usually lucks out so I'm not sure why my Kimbers are doing so well. :confused:

Actually both Shootalot! Here she is with my newly hardchromed Colt LW Commander.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BobRowe said:
Sorry to hear you had problems with your Raptor. My raptor II has been flawless.

BTW, I would avoid Winchester WinClean ammo like the plague. I have had problems with it in three pistols (Kimber Gold Match, Kimber Custom Compact, and Ruger P97). I have known several pther people who have had problems with it, at least in .45 ACP caliber. In all instances. the problems resembled those one might expect if the ammo were low-powered.

The only way I could get the WinClean ammo to function correctly in my Gold Match was to use a 14-lb recoil spring.
Bob, I had the full size Raptor and the Pro Raptor. The Pro ran a little better than the fullsize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts