1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd stop by to say I should have a lightly used Pro Raptor in a few days! I joined the forum a couple of years ago when I had a 9mm springer, but have been lusting after a raptor for about a year.

Been reading just about every raptor related post here on the forum. The one I am in the process of purchasing has the internal extractor.

Seems like there is a consensus that polishing the feed ramp is a good practice. I have done a lot of custom work on Beretta's so this should be a pretty simple job. Also, after readng, it seems that dressing the extractor with a good polish should aid in FTF issues.

The gun I'm buying is used, so I don't know the history, but will fire it before I make any mods.

Just wanted to say hi to you folks, I'm sure I'll be around once it arrives.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Way to go Escher, that should be a great gun for you. I doubt you'll need to polish the feed ramp. I have never had to do that to any of my guns. But that's just me. I hope it's a good shooter for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do yourself a favor, shoot the gun first, before you do anything to it. I have a Raptor as well. The ONLY thing I changed was the crappy Kimber mag. I went with Wilson Combat. My firearm shoots flawlessly. Don't fix anything that isn't broke!:rock: most important: HAVE FUN with your new Kimber!:)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Escher,

Welcome, and congrats on your (new-to-you) Kimber. Just my 2 cents, but I would recommend cleaning and shooting it before you polish or mess with anything... Like my Dad always said, "If it ain't broke, don' fix it!!!"

Also, if you do not know how many rounds have been fired through it, you may want to purchase a new recoil spring- I like the Wolff XP springs especially made for the 4" Pro models- they work like a champ...

Let us know how it shoots, and enjoy!!!bb:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's guys. Yup, I'll definately shoot it before making any mods.

You can look forward to pics soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts