1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting a Kimber, I'm getting a Kimber, tee hee

My first 1911 since a 1911A1 I carried in the Army MP Corp.

Been very happy with my Glock 23, but I ordered a Kimber Supermatch II because I wanted one.:rock:

Watch for the range report once it arrives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My father-in-law has the same gun, I would not shoot HP through in the break in and also the slide needs lots of lube. This is a super tight gun and needs lots of oil in the break in or will not shoot well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tarheel said:
My father-in-law has the same gun, I would not shoot HP through in the break in and also the slide needs lots of lube. This is a super tight gun and needs lots of oil in the break in or will not shoot well.
Thats good advice, thanks. Any other advice for a new 1911 owner?

·
Registered
114 Posts
PhoneCop said:
My first 1911 since a 1911A1 I carried in the Army MP Corp.

Been very happy with my Glock 23, but I ordered a Kimber Supermatch II because I wanted one.:rock:

Watch for the range report once it arrives.
Good choice from another Super Match IIe and Glock M23 owner. You will not be sorry! As previously stated, the Super Match is "tight as a tick" and requires "attention to detail" during the break-in period. The Kimber Super Match is not a Glock M23 when it comes to care and feeding. Read and follow the owner's manual instructions on cleaning and lubing to the letter except for one point - apply twice the amount of lube! IMHO Shooters Choice FP10 or Break Free CLP are the only lubes to use. Please post a range report and good, safe shooting!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Supermatch vs Team Match

I am curious, I just bought a Team Match II this summer. What is the difference between the two??

FH

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

"Each Super Match II is guaranteed to have shot a five shot, 25-yard group measuring one inch or less." -Kimber Catalog... (no such gaurantee for the Team Match-II)

Per the Kimber Catalog they both have the tactical extractor, but mine arrived with the internal extractor, the pictures show different extractors, what did yours have?

TM-II no checkering under the trigger guard (which is a "so-what?" can't figure out what it is good for)...

TM-II steel match grade barrel, SM-II stainless steel match grade barrel (I've heard complaints that the Kimber steel barrels gather fine rust... almost before your eyes) Have you expereinced any trouble with that?

The rest appears to be mostly cosmetic (Rosewood grips v. USA Team Laminate, etc)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hope you get an internal extractor! They say the externals dont fail on full size models as much, but are you willing to bet your life on it?
Mr Browning thought not. The U.S. Army - Marines - Airforce thought not. Almost a hundred years with the original design away from dirt, sweat and god knows what else screams "NOT!"

Take a hint from this old Ranger and a one time member of the 988th MP Co.
Peace Brother!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Puffy said:
I hope you get an internal extractor!
As I stated, but I appreciate your concern...

PhoneCop said:
Per the Kimber Catalog they both have the tactical extractor, but mine arrived with the internal extractor, the pictures show different extractors, what did yours have?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OpsMgr said:
As previously stated, the Super Match is "tight as a tick"
Holy Smokes! Your not kidding-Tight as a Tick! But I've had much less trouble removing ticks than I had removing and replacing the barrel bushing!

No kidding- I had to gentle pry the barrel bushing out with a screw driver wrapped in cloth then gently hammer it back in with my thumb over the barrel and protected with cloth- after a generous coat of oil...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts