1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I picked up my first 1911. I've read a lot about them, studied, watched videos, and shot a few of my friend's 1911s. I picked up a RIA Ultra 10mm. 51865 in tungsten grey. Fun piece.

I've been shooting about 6 or 7 years. I started out with Sigs, Walther PPX, and the caught the CZ bug. Now this. I'm in trouble.

I'll most likely kick back, read, and learn. Best to do it that way. Where I feel I can contribute, I am not shy. Search first, ask questions later. 馃榿

Registered
Hello,
I picked up my first 1911. I've read a lot about them, studied, watched videos, and shot a few of my friend's 1911s. I picked up a RIA Ultra 10mm. 51865 in tungsten grey. Fun piece.

I've been shooting about 6 or 7 years. I started out with Sigs, Walther PPX, and the caught the CZ bug. Now this. I'm in trouble.

I'll most likely kick back, read, and learn. Best to do it that way. Where I feel I can contribute, I am not shy. Search first, ask questions later. 馃榿
Welcome to the forum.
It only gets better.
Oh yeah, we like pictures.

Premium Member
Welcome to 1911forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I looked at a ton of nice 1911 products. I even pulled a joke on a couple buddies after leaving Sarver, Pa. on business. Told them both I ordered a Cabot and it would be completed in a year. I require an arm and a leg from both of you at that time. 馃ぃ

Pic attached.

Attachments

Premium Member
Sweet looking pistol. Welcome to the Forum. Look to see you around the threads.

Grumpy

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Be careful though. Once you get your 1st 1911 its typically followed by several to many more. Thats what happened to me

Registered
Welcome to the 1911 forum from Italy.

Reactions: Therealck1977

Registered
Welcome from NC. You ARE in big trouble....just like the rest of us.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you again for the welcome and compliments.

Dadjoker - I don't either and I am glad you clarified.

Someone saved me money by purchasing another 10mm I looked at yesterday. I almost bought it. So close. I knew nothing of Fusion products. Came home, read, and thought I'd give it a second look. Too late!

Premium Member
Yea, I鈥檓 having to pull back as well. So damn temping. I鈥檒l just have to settle for the Tisas 1911A1 US Army clone for now.

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum. There is no known cure for this affliction. That I know about. My gun friends are baffled about me being into what they call 鈥淔udd guns鈥. Relics, they think. Ha! My non gun friends are less kind. Not that I care, mind you. You will find unrepentant enablers here. In droves. The new Brownell鈥檚 catalog arrived yesterday. As for me, I am headed off the 1911 parts/tools cliff with my fellow lemmings. In complete peace. Correct choice for me.

.... this is the general trajectory of this affliction. The time for warning has past. You bought your first one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts