1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,684 Posts
The grips are way too nice looking for how trashed the pistol is

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
:biglaugh:WOW, even the front sight looks ground down. That one spent some time in a caustic environment.

·
Premium Member
7,684 Posts
Is that a painted airsoft?
To me it looks more like a blank firing pistol, I have an old one and the finish on it is the same onl worse

·
Administrator
72,377 Posts
Yes it's a funny meme, but I agree they could've picked a better example of a 1911 than that. Somebody who has no clue what a real battle-worn 1911 looks like either picked a photo of Bubba's truck gun or used Photoshop to simulate wear to the finish. It reminds me of the "John Wayne" edition Airsoft 1911s being sold at Big5 Sporting goods with similar "battle wear" to them. They look as fake as a $3 bill.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Only on a gun forum would we overlook the humor to criticize the model.

This is why my wife doesn't like to watch certain movies with me.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
I must be stupid, I don't get it?

Two time world champ, what the he'll is that supposed to mean?

Do I amuse you?

What, am I funny or something?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I don't get the whole battleworn finish on a new gun. I would rather put my own honest wear on it. Like buying new jeans with holes already in them:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I don't get the whole battleworn finish on a new gun. I would rather put my own honest wear on it. Like buying new jeans with holes already in them:confused:
The people who buy those distressed jeans, and paint their apartments with a distressed painted wall, are the ones that buy a new gun with a battle worn finished. It's for the artsy-fartsy people.

What's next? Distressed finishes for brand spanking new cars and trucks? Makes as much sense as permanently caked on plaster fake mud, rust and dents around the fenders of a Jeep Wrangler so everyone thinks you been out in the woods 4-wheeling on the weekends? :)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Along with the 'battle-worn' finish, I like to distress my band new ammo, just so that it's more visually cohesive and less of a 'clashing' color palette. I mean, if you're gonna do it, you need to go all the way, right???!!! :hrm::hrm::hrm::hrm:

defective-ammo-5-small.jpg

:) :):)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had someone want me to build them a "distressed" guitar. (that's what they were calling old looking back then) I told him it would be my regular price, payment due when he ordered it, and it would be "ready" in 20 years.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts