1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine if Glock made a 1911... What would the general consensus be with us (the market) ? I own a Glock 17 personally and for what it was designed for it's been remarkable! With that said it's not my favorite gun in the box. I use it for my truck gun. Stays in my console holstered. It's reliable and accurate. But it's as ugly as hammered dog crap! No curb appeal whatsoever. I've had it a couple of years now with the round count less than 100 through it. Would anyone of y'all consider buying a Glock 1911?

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
If Glock can't even do any significant redesigns or improvements to the same gun they've been making for 40 years, what makes you think they would ever make a 1911 clone? They're a one-trick pony and apparently will remain so for the indefinite future. Yes that one pony trick has been extremely successful for them, but still.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm more of a "nostalgia" guy myself. I love old wheel guns and 1911"s. I'm not big on polymer princesses. I have a few old single actions and some "modern clones". Although they aren't practical for EDC they are fun to shoot and always a conversation piece. I have a CPL of j frame s&w in .357 Magnum. An old .32 short colt that belonged to my grandad. I've got some snub-nosed .38 for concealed carry. So I'm not sure if jump on a "Glock made 1911. Although the possibility of them making one is almost nil.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
If you are referring to a polymer/composite frame 1911 clone, they're out there but I don't hear much about them.

Google: "Polymer/composite frame 1911"

From what I'm seeing I can see where there could be some interest but the jury is still out!

All the best in 2020,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would not buy it, I have a Sig p365 and it's a great little gun but have no interest in another polymer frame.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
It would be the same thing as if Colt tried to make something called the All American 2000.

Oh....wait......

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
The OP did not specify polymer. He just said 1911.

But he should definitely get a locking vault for his truck's console if he doesn't already have one.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Sure, if it works.......would probably be my fastest glock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do not have a locking console, one of the reasons I use the Glock as a "truck gun". However I still prefer not to have any of my guns stolen. I do live in a very rural area and everybody knows everybody. Doesn't eliminate theft completely as we do have riff Raff from time to time. It's everywhere. I do keep the cab locked when I'm out of the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I carried a Glock 19 for a bit over 20 years. Hate Glocks...

Cheaply made, that polymer frame is cheesy to me. Rubbed my middle finger raw too many times. I tried altering my grip/got a grip-all, nothing seemed to fix the rubbing. I recently got a Ruger SR1911 LW Commander, hence I'm here. We'll see...I'm optimistic though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The gun stays stuck in a holster in your truck, with less 100 rounds through it, but it's been "remarkable"?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Someone finally figured out a way to suck the soul out of a 1911.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Imagine if Remington Rand made typewriters….. or Singer made sewing machines......oh, wait. lol

1911 'clone' companies have come and gone that may well have wished they had the financial backing and marketing acumen of Glock.

While I'm not in the market for another 1911 (I already have one - a Springer GI)) I surely would not pass over one just because others didn't like the manufacturer. That Tisas 1911 is supposedly a sound stout piece for example.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts