1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
When that pic first came out I immediately knew it was fake because it didn't have cheap polymer sights on it.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
When that pic first came out I immediately knew it was fake because it didn't have cheap polymer sights on it.
And he frame isn't plastic, I think there is no way they would make it out of metal since it would undermine their sales point.

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
My point is, here we are 40 years later and Glock is still putting the same cheap $.50 cent sights on their supposedly first-rate handguns. They do it because half of buyers are too dumb or inexperienced to understand the need for decent sights, and the other half are Glock geeks who will replace them with their favorite aftermarket sights anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Glock making a 1911 is about as likely as Chevrolet making a mid engine Corvette........:cool:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I know everyone talks about G guns being reliable. I think people are brand blind.

I will use this example.....

Tesla spends more money per car in warranty repairs than any other brand. They are in last place. They are ranked 27th of 28th in reliability. Range Rover, Fiat and Chrysler are all more reliable.

But every owner loves their cars and says it’s great. They RAVE about them.

I am not saying Glock is bad....but I think G fans ignore things.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I know everyone talks about G guns being reliable. I think people are brand blind.

Tesla spends more money per car in warranty repairs than any other brand. They are in last place. They are ranked 27th of 28th in reliability. Range Rover, Fiat and Chrysler are all more reliable.

You mean just like Harley Davidson? 😁😂😂. HD riders have memory lapses of their parts falling off or their oil leaks or the electrical problems, but they are the first to brag how dependable their big Harley is! Lol

·
Registered
12,867 Posts
Agreed. I look when I pass broken bikes on the highway. Harleys seem to account for around half of them .

But they don't seem to be nearly half of the bikes I see around.

But I'm not immune to brand blindness either. I was shocked when I had a bad synchro in a Toyota truck transmission. WHAT?? It BROKE?? -------- impossible! :)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts

No. My Jeep is a CONSTANT demand in little fixes and even though I love it lord it annoyed me to the point I jumped ship and bought an LS430 for daily use instead. The Lexus is actually reliable for real, the Jeep blew up its reman engine (my last straw) and even though it's a way more fun brand overall owners are lying if they say its "never given them a problem".

Man you triggered me there lol!

Magazineman, I feel ya on the state of shock when a Toyota comes in with an actual problem. It just doesn't compute sometimes that something can actually really break on one that's not a maintenance item.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

No. My Jeep is a CONSTANT demand in little fixes and even though I love it lord it annoyed me to the point I jumped ship and bought an LS430 for daily use instead. The Lexus is actually reliable for real, the Jeep blew up its reman engine (my last straw) and even though it's a way more fun brand overall owners are lying if they say its "never given them a problem".

Man you triggered me there lol!

Magazineman, I feel ya on the state of shock when a Toyota comes in with an actual problem. It just doesn't compute sometimes that something can actually really break on one that's not a maintenance item.
Cognitive dissonance is a hard battle....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I will make a prediction that within a few years Glock will make a full size single stack .45. Think G36 on steroids. It would sell like ball bats in a riot. It will hold at least 8 rds. in the mag. You heard it here. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Saw a couple of post here where pistols are quick to point out that Glock has been mostly the same pistol since they came out. Shouldn't that be speaking volumes to the pistol? The 1911 has largely been unchanged in design (to the best of my knowledge) except for the addition of different drop safeties and some external extractor designs. The Sig 226/229 ain't much different either in that regard as best I can tell or the Berretta. Has Berretta allowed a shooter to change the front sight of a 92/M9 series yet? Ruger and SW both have had quite a few different semi auto designs over the years but I don't really see them at the gun range. Smith's M&P has only been on the market about a dozen or so years now. Glock, Sig, revolvers and some flavor of 1911 are what I see at the range or in duty holsters. Hate them, love them, they're all tools in the toolbox when it comes down to it. The 1911 is just the best of them (my opinion). Springfield has been doing a good job making both striker pistols and 1911s, I presume Glock could too if they wanted too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I will make a prediction that within a few years Glock will make a full size single stack .45. Think G36 on steroids. It would sell like ball bats in a riot. It will hold at least 8 rds. in the mag. You heard it here.
I've been saying that for over a year now, you got a wiretap on me or something? All kidding aside, I think they could honesty sell a bunch that way, especially if the built it to compete in a single stack competition shooting match. The aftermarket would help that pistol along and with drop in parts no need to pay big $$$ to a gunsmith to improve it to your liking.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
John Deer making a Corvette...Lamborghini has a company manufacturing tractors. Enzo refused to build him a Ferrari so he decided to make his own sports car. That actually worked quite well for Lamborghini.
Joe

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
I would LOVE to see them do this.. PLEASE make one and a revolver too.

First, it would be interesting. Second, it would be hilarious watching the fan boys who have trashed metal guns be confused as to how to deal with this.
Think about that revolver thing one more time...
You talk about fugly...a revolver with a square 4 shot cylinder! In black :biglaugh:

41 - 60 of 119 Posts