1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22966597

Five shot to death in Chicago clothing store

CHICAGO - Five females were shot to death inside a suburban Chicago clothing store Saturday, sparking a manhunt that included a store-by-store search for an "offender" who vanished from the area.

I thought Chicago had some of the strictest gun laws in the country!!!??

Isn't this the exact sort of thing such laws are designed to protect us from? Why, it just doesn't make any sense??

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
Fairly certain at this point the shooter is either a police officer or a criminal... or both.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
624 Posts
First I would like to give my condolences to the family members. Then I would like to see them go and sue the cities and state for not allowing them the right to protect themselves.

I lived in the Chicago suburbs for 20 years and I'm so glad I don't have to put up with their laws anymore.

There was a similar situation with a chicken restaurant when I lived there but they never found the killers.

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
First I would like to give my condolences to the family members. Then I would like to see them go and sue the cities and state for not allowing them the right to protect themselves.

I lived in the Chicago suburbs for 20 years and I'm so glad I don't have to put up with their laws anymore.

There was a similar situation with a chicken restaurant when I lived there but they never found the killers.
The ironic thing is that as I was flipping through the TIVO guide tonight, that story was being aired, obviously it had been scheduled before today's incident took place. Seven people were killed in that incident also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown's_Chicken_massacre

What failures Chicago politicians have had in combating crime, the Dem's want to replicate on the nation by Chicago's own Girl and boy, Barak and Hillary...

·
Registered
907 Posts
It was probably a sarcastic reference to the fact that only cops and criminals will have guns, not law abiding private citizens, in a place like the PRI.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I thought Chicago had some of the strictest gun laws in the country!?
Yes, my son, you do not understand. That is what happens when the mob runs your town. Law abiding citizens are disarmed and criminals are not.

It also works that way in D.C. but it's a different mob there.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Prayer will be with the families of the victims.
I hate that the article I read said "gunman," as if the gun was at fault, and not the murdering sack of refuse taking advantage of those peoples vulnerability. Stories like this make me so glad I got my girlfriend a Glock 23 for Christmas....

·
Registered
118 Posts
My favorite quote of the story. . .

"In a Target store across the parking lot from Lane Bryant, terrified customers were HERDED to the front as police with pistols and rifles drawn went up and down the aisles and into storerooms searching for the gunman."

Well, that's what you do with SHEEP, isn't it? Herd them.

The next paragraphs quotes some sheep saying they were so scared they couldn't think! Well, it's like old Clint Smith says, "Carrying a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable. It's supposed to be comforting."

Cops come around to clean up the mess and check the corpses for identification. Maybe one day the sheeple in Chicago will learn!

I doubt it. They keep electing Democrats who deny the right to the means of self defense (i.e. a gun) to every law abiding citizen, but somehow allow themselves the right to carry!!!!

Thank GOD I moved out of that hole in the earth!! You should not take trips there, move there, visit there, or spend one red cent there!

BOYCOTT CHICAGO!

Vanguard.45 (on a rant)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chicago Shootings

If this happened in FL, 20 armed citizens would have draw legally owned and register handguns and returned fire. You NEVER hear about this their, wonder why?

·
Administrator
73,792 Posts
"In a Target store across the parking lot from Lane Bryant, terrified customers were HERDED to the front as police with pistols and rifles drawn went up and down the aisles and into storerooms searching for the gunman."

The next paragraphs quotes some sheep saying they were so scared they couldn't think! Well, it's like old Clint Smith says, "Carrying a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable. It's supposed to be comforting."
I too couldn't help but notice that many of the civilians caught up in the incident were frightened to see the presence of guns in the hands of the cops. One remarked how she was scared to see cops running around with their "hands on their gun holsters". Eeek!

Guns scare sheeple, even those belonging to LEO's. Look what happened in England, where the sheeple made sure even their own cops couldn't carry guns except under certain circumstances. As a gun owner I often forget that some people freak out at the mere sight of a gun, much as if they just saw a huge spider in the bathtub.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts

Absolutely.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thats exactly right. sheep. I for one would much rather be a wolf disguised among the sheep. So when the SHTF I'll be ready. It's insanity, to outlaw guns to law-abiding citizens. Anti-gunners are nothing more than immature un-educated sheep. Education, is the tool that we should all be using to protect our rights.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When is the Mayor going to call a press conference, where he can promise to disarm everybody who didn't do it ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Reminds me of a passage by Dave Grossman. . .

"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa." "

THAT'S CHICAGO!

Vanguard.45

·
Registered
265 Posts
where did the laws protecting these people go? Why were the laws not there protecting, they were enacted? Why did they not act?

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Can you believe that the Lane Bryant store did NOT have video surveillance?? In this day and age??? I hope the genius who made that decision to save a few company dollars feels good about him/herself!!!

Good luck trying to catch this low life!!!!

The cops say that the motive was robbery. But why try and stick up a store where IMHO most purchase transactions are made with plastic?

There's currently a $50,000 reward out for his capture. Maybe the amount should be $100,000 to tempt his scum bag buddies to rat on him.

My heart and prayers go out to the innocent victims and their families.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I heard about it this weekend but they never reported much more than the headline. I guess it was just a robbery gone bad instead of a gunman targeting innocents.
(Yes, I meant it sarcastically).

·
Registered
809 Posts
To me, this is one of the worst types of crime - five dead people, all in the name of amazing stupidity and ineptness. Murder is murder, but this reeks of a room temp IQ guy trying his hand at sticking up a store, then killing the witnesses because he saw it in a movie once. Now there are five devastated families.

I was reading about the New Orleans PD affirmative-action-cop who (her name escapes me), with her 18 year old crackhead boyfriend, murdered a police officer and two employees in a restaurant in the early 90's. Reading about their lives, preparation, execution of the robbery, and defense at trial I was stunned at how AMAZINGLY stupid people like this are. ETA: That was Antoinette Frank.

I hope the perpetrator gets his comeuppance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts