1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new Kimber Ultra Splatter, and am looking at the new specialty rounds designed for the short barreled .45's. I am intrigued by Cor-Bon's new round, the 160 gr. DPX. So I call around everywhere, local and on the 'net. No one has any. I called Cor-Bon, and they put an engineer on the line, who talks with me at length about the development and performance of the new round. Then he tells me I should call Mike, their national sales manager, b/c Mike has actually shot the new round a lot. He gave me Mike's cell #, so I called him. Great guy. Tells me even more about the round, and its performance. I tell him that's great, I can't wait to try it, where can I find it:scratch: Well, he tells me I will have to wait awhile, they only loaded one lot to date, which of course is all gone. Will have the next lot soon... I think he sensed my dissapointment, so then he says "you know what, I have a few boxes at home, how 'bout you send me your address, and I'll send you one":rock: That was Monday. On Wednesday, the UPS guy shows up with guess what?! That really impressed me. I hope the round is as good as I think it will be. But even if its not the one I choose to carry, I have lots of other guns that like Cor-Bon ammo.

Kudos to Cor-Bon, that's the kind of company I know we like to do business with!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tests were done at Stoppingpower.net with great results. Corbon is a first rate company.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Impressive information and customer service from Cor bon. I am very impressed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got a box of the stuff from www.cheaperthandirt.com, thats where I get lots of ammo for very... well... cheap. I assume they still have some. Its a nice round to shoot. It is a slightly taller round than most JHP types and you'll require a match grade type mag to ensure it doesn't hang up, just my observations.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I tried the45 compact DPX and now my carry round in my compact and my commander . I did my own water test and my rounds looked just like Stephen A Camp pictures. I've carried CorBon in my 380 for a long time and now in my shorter 45's Might try thr 185+P in my Gov. and my 44 mag needs some help .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.