1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,506 Posts
It all depends.

Loading up a truck with dry wall outside of the Home Depot near where I live. And I doubt if a LEO would give you a second look. Transit cops see you with it on your belt on the subway in NYC. You are going down town.

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
Carry it on a tool belt & you're good almost anywhere. Plus, add an Orange Safety vest to your ensemble and you can GO anywhere! :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously if I ever go out into the woods again, this is the knife I'm bringing.

Tom

·
Registered
23,506 Posts
No doubt that should work.

Carry it on a tool belt & you're good almost anywhere. Plus, add an Orange Safety vest to your ensemble and you can GO anywhere! :)
It might be a little awkward say on a date, at a church service, or a business meeting. But what the heck. You go to say California or someplace and you likely see people dressed like that all of the time.

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
Point was that you COULD get into a business meeting.

Because as you say, here in CA this look----- plus Indian Guy, Leather Guy, and Police Guy are seen on business executives everywhere.

Why do you ask? Is that weird? They don't do that in Rural VA?

·
Registered
23,506 Posts
Right I forgot how much influence the village people actually had.

Because as you say, here in CA this look----- plus Indian Guy, Leather Guy, and Police Guy are seen on business executives everywhere.

On the psych of the people in the golden state. But it is not likely to make me stop staying at the YMCA whenever I visit the Golden state.

Here in Floyd county, we generally consider that if you are not displaying a very conspicuous Chinese made knife. And more importantly are not sporting a generous neck beard. This combined with an uncomprehending five foot stare. Let it suffice to say that this makes you an outcast.

But then again, if you are driving a 57 Citroen two cycle automobile about town as your daily driver, you might get a pass. Just sayin.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you read the reviews, the sheath is a POS...everyone is saying it breaks in the first few days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
At least half of those guys would break anything you handed them and then complain about it being junk. But I would almost bet that knife was made in China and is defintely NOT worth $20 but will sell just because of the name on it. I carried a fixed blade Goldblatt utility knife daily on a belt sheath for 30 years for cutting construction materials and opening boxes and stripping wire and I would say that Milwaukee knife is a horrible design for a work knife. It's too large and too long- and most city cops WOULD consider it a weapon and feel they should check you out for having it.

·
Registered
45 Posts

On the psych of the people in the golden state. But it is not likely to make me stop staying at the YMCA whenever I visit the Golden state.

Here in Floyd county, we generally consider that if you are not displaying a very conspicuous Chinese made knife. And more importantly are not sporting a generous neck beard. This combined with an uncomprehending five foot stare. Let it suffice to say that this makes you an outcast.

But then again, if you are driving a 57 Citroen two cycle automobile about town as your daily driver, you might get a pass. Just sayin.
The 57 Citroen was a damn fine automobile. “You think you hate it now. Wait till you drive it!”

1 - 17 of 17 Posts