1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what some of you do with your gun in the car. I drive an Excursion that has a huge center console, but I'd like to find a way to "mount" something to keep the gun in.

I've thought about somehow mounting some type of holster that would be out of the way and so it's not just laying around with other stuff.

Between the seat and console is perfect but not as concealed as I'd like. But I may just use a soft case wedged between them for now. However, I'd rather not have it where it can be seen and an easy grab if someone wanted it.

I've got the luxury of getting into dead space in the console as well. I have an inverter under the cup holders in the rear of the console but although getting the cup holder part off isn't a problem, it's just not convenient.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I`m not sure, but it doesn`t sound like you`re in the liking for a mounted gun safe. That is waht I have bolted behind the drivers seat of my extended cab pu. If it`s not in the safe, it`s on me, not in an unsecure location that I might forget about when running into a store that would leave the gun in a position that it could be easily accessed. Just my thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts