1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I AM a preacher. I DO preach from the Bible. I will personally guarantee all of you that nowhere in the Bible is weapon ownership prohibited. Although using "sell your cloak and buy one" is pulling it out of context, it does show that Jesus was not philosophically opposed to His followers being armed. That "ruen the other cheek" is in response to insults, not legitimate deadly threats. I even believe that a man with a family must stand ready to defend them, based on "The man who does not provide for his family is worse than an unbeliever," (1 Tim 5:8) and "The husband must love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her." (Eph. 5:25). Taken together, it shows that a man (sorry, ladies- I do admit to a bit of chauvinism on this topic) must be willing to place himself between his family and danger. Add in the lack of any prohibition of weapons, and I would much prefer to be armed when I do so.

If MO ever gets the CCW sorted out and I get one, I probably would carry in church. If a person is known to me (and I think they are a stable sort), I would give permission for them to carry. Everybody just needs to remember that if I am in the pulpit, then even the people in the back row are well within my effective range with my 1911. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.