1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is NOT my gun.. my gosh I wish it was... So this is railed commander with a magwell?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
It has been on Gunbroker for a while, make him an offer.

I really wanted this combination myself - steel railed frame with commander slide - settled for a Springfield Champion Operator (for now :))

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like the blocky slide. At first I thought it was a Model 2 hybrid, but the Ad states a No Name. Definitely putting this design on my very long "want" list:)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
It's a really cool gun. I think I've seen it on GB for over a year or so and wanted it right when I saw it. The blocky slide with no cuts looks awesome with the rail, IMO.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Why would I be joking?

Just curious...but are you joking???
All steel, full dust cover, railed, magazine well extension, Commander. So it's a Rock Island. Big deal. It's, in my opinion, inexpensive when compared to the Guncrafter's very expensive gun.

Sorry Bill but I like it, it shoots very well, and for the money it's a good value. When I get back from my current trip I'll post target photos.

Oh, I have around 55 1911s of all favors - I don't discriminate! :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
But why are you posting this in the Guncrafter forum. It has nothing to do with what the OP posted other than the fact that it is a gun. So what!

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Ditch the ambi and she will be perfect.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I could think of all sorts of smart-assed answers but I won't. It's a comparison...all steel, magwell railed Commander.
you can also compare a Yugo to a Mercedes. They are both cars, have 4 tires, and an engine. And both will get you from point A to point B. But what's the point.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I sure like the ignore feature

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
I certainly respect someone's decision not to spend the extra for a Guncrafter. I struggled with that issue myself.

But as rj has pointed out, there is really not much useful in comparing a Rock Island and a GI.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
oldag even I know the difference in quality between the two makes of pistols - I just wanted to illustrate other makers have slab side railed commanders with rails nothing else. Ignore is a feature I don't normally use - everyone has an opinion.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts