1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all
May God bless our troops. My son just returned this year having served with 82nd.
Does anyone have any info regarding this ammo company? I went to the range Saturday, and I was given the opportunity to use some. I must say that It was accurate and shot clean. By the way, the ammo I shot was 357 magnum.
Thanks
Garry

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have shot it myself and I like it better then Winchester White Box and Fiochi.

I was more accurate with it in my Elcipse Pro II and will use that whenever possible except for carry. That I will use Winchester SXT 230 grain.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
It's made by MagTech in Brazil and imported by ATK. I often see the Independence brand attributed to Federal Cartridge, but I often see the cartridges with CCI primers (both ATK companies). It's good stuff.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have shot this ammo in 45 and 40 and it has proven to be very clean and accurate and the price is right. Don't know much about the company. Just thought I would throw in my endorsement.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've shot some of the Independence in .45 ACP with good results. It had CCI brass and I speculated that it was re-badged CCI Blazer ammo, but I don't know that for sure. The ammo seems to be clean and plenty accurate for plinking needs -- no problems to speak of.

My buddy ordered up a case, but it's no longer CCI brass, but seems to have their "I" logo in the head stamp. We haven't had a chance to try it this lot out yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts