1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Rock Island Amory 1911 .45
in shotgun news.

What do you guys think. $285 for a new 1911, too good to be true?

Please provide any and all info pertaining to this pistol.
Thanks!

------------------
Guns don't kill people,
People kill people!

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
They are made in the Philippines, I think the frames and slide are cast but don't know. They have been approved for sale in California. I have not seen one in the steel, so to speak, so I can not make any judgement on quality.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
671 Posts
RIA is assembled by Twin Pines, a gun dealer in the Philippines. Internal parts are from US (John Masen). Slide and frame came from Brazil and US. That's what the dealer told me. But closer inspection of the frame especially the serial nos would lead someone to believe that the frame is made by Armscor (Charles Daly).

vega

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well, you said the magic word there, Vega. The name Mansen is another way of saying JUNK. Even his mainspring housings (something that is truly difficult to screw up) suck pond water.

Based on that alone, I would stay far away from this one.

Callahan

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Mansen parts are gawdawful junk. At least the stuff I've seen. If the Rock Island 1911's use them, step away from the pistol.

So, I guess we can not sing; "The Rock Island Line is a mighty fine line....." LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I was talking with my gunsmith a while back about Thompson Auto Ordnance 1911's and he told me to stay away from them as they get a great deal of their parts from this mansen guy, he told me the parts are not properly or not at all heat treated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts