1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought this and I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not. I don't know alot about Hi Powers, but here goes. Best I can figure, it's approx a 1942ish model. Anyone that can give me any info on markings, or a better idea of a born on date, I'd appreciate it.

Here it is:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Buenos Aires Argentina Police, 1961. Probably a crest on the top of the slide? A true Hi Power. Can't give any info on the grips, obviously custom of some sorts it seems. Depending on condition, these are in the 450 and up range on gunbroker.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, Argentine Buenos Aries Police contract made by FN in 1961, late internal extractor-no half moon cut-a late 1961 made FN. Quite a few were sold into the U.S. several years ago-picked one up last year in origional finish-like yours, but with factory grips for $325.00.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Does anyone have any info on the markings on the trigger guard and barrel?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice pistol. It has that "been there, done that" look to it. There's a nice '88 blued BHP at a local shop I'm tempted to buy. Maybe after the holidays. So, did you get a good deal.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Very nice. Custom gold and/or silver pistol grips were very popular south of the border.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts