1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on Bob Rodgers 1911 Class? Schedule, cost, etc? I went to the website and was unable to find anything on the class.

Dale

·
Banned
672 Posts
I haven't seen anything published as far as curriculum, schedule, or fees.

On his website, he does list his email address and phone number. Bob is extremely approachable and helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I don't have the vacation time, but I'd love to be able to do this at some time in the next few years.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I don't have the vacation time, but I'd love to be able to do this at some time in the next few years.
I am on the waiting list for next year, he said this year is full and he is only going to do 1 a year from now on. He doesnt have a firm date set yet for next year either.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Make the time to do this class before Bob comes to his senses and doesn't offer it any more. You'll be glad you did.

Frankly, I'm amazed that he's offering another class this Fall, after his experiences with the first two!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next Class is in April 2010

Here is Bob's reply.

Hi Dale,

Thank you for the inquiry.

The next class is set for October, and is full.
My current plan is to have another in April. Exact dates haven't been set yet.

The class tuition is $3500.00. This includes all of the small parts, including grips, needed to build a 1911, and the slide and frame. It also includes supplies provided by the shop as well as the use of all shop equipment. Food, lodging, hand tools, a Dremel, and a good set of calipers are to be provided by the students. Approximate cost of the tools is $400.00 + or -.

If you'd like, I'd be glad to add your name to the list of people to notify when the April class dates are finalized.

Best wishes,
Bob
www.rodgerspistolsmithing.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
I signed up for the April class a few months ago. I'm very excited about it.
Don't get too excited. The waitresses at the Waffle Houses in Arkansas look pretty much just like the ones here in Tennessee.

If you're going for the purpose of learning about 1911's, that's a different story. Bob can teach you which end's up and what end the stuff comes out of. Amazing what one can learn if one lives long enough. Bob's got more in his head than just white hair on top.

Alvin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Don't get too excited. The waitresses at the Waffle Houses in Arkansas look pretty much just like the ones here in Tennessee.

If you're going for the purpose of learning about 1911's, that's a different story. Bob can teach you which end's up and what end the stuff comes out of. Amazing what one can learn if one lives long enough. Bob's got more in his head than just white hair on top.

Alvin
Well as long as one has all her teeth I'll be good. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Well as long as one has all her teeth I'll be good. :biglaugh:
Tim, I've been to Mountain Home, AR.

You might be aiming a bit high. :)

Truth is, we ran into a whole bunch of very nice people during the week we were there this March. Nice part of the country, good folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts