1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Same gun sold under Iver Johnson trade mark up through 80s. May be rumor but I herd taken off market because it was easily converted to full auto. Cant say I ever shot one although I’ve had a couple taken on trades. As far as being made by Erma for training on M1 carbine is BS. Erma had several look alike rifles in 22rf. that have had the rights passed around. They had a 62 Winchester pump and a lever action 22. The lever going to Ithaca and now both these guns are Henry. Looks and materials changed a bit, that’s all.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I owned one back in the late 80s. Pretty fun little rifle but difficult to get magazines for (at the time). I agree with the "Training" story being BS.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Erma also made a few .22LR ''Lugers'' too.

·
Administrator
76,482 Posts
Funny how times change. Back in the 1950s and 60's everybody wanted a Luger or M1 Carbine. Besides the real ones there were countless .22 copies, and for the kids plenty of toy ones as well. Now you rarely ever see a Luger anywhere, and M1 Carbines are mostly just something the older guys buy. Assuming guns are still legal 60 years from now I wonder if Glocks and ARs will be considered just as old-fashioned.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It’s actually just a guide rod for spring. Guys were replacing them with a piece of GI M16 cleaning rod. Couldn’t be to technical of a job, knowing some personally who claimed they did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts