1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have heard reference to Blade-Tech's new injection molded holsters, but haven't seen any photos. Even their web site (which lists the holsters) lacks photos.

Has anyone used one of these? Opinions?

Right now I'm using an Uncle Mikes Kydex and a Safariland 5084 (#). The Safariland is too high, and the UM sits about three inches away from my belt-I feel like the Duke.

Larry

------------------
He who fights and runs away had better run pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I currently own an IWB Blade Tech. Well made, comfortable, and easy to use. Only problem is, is that they are pretty expensive. Comparable to leather in price as I recall, and I still like my Sparks, Kramer, and Desantis IWB's better.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have seen pictures of the new injection molded gear from Blade-Tech. It looks cheap to me. Reminds me of Uncle Mike's kydex. But, from what I have read, they wanted something at a lower price point. So, now they have it.

Might work ok, but it just doesn't look as good as their regular line of gear.

I personally don't find their normal gear to be as pricey as the better leather holsters these days. $55 for a straight-drop, belt holster. Atleast $85, for a big name leather holster of the same design. Not exactly the same money to me. Don't get me wrong, I love a GOOD leather holster as much as the next guy.

It just tickles me everytime I read that someone thinks Blade-Tech's gear will run the same money as a better name leather holster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an IWB Bladetech as well, and it works. I like the back plane on it-that keeps the hammer on your 45 from digging into your side. I also recommend the PagerPal: http://www.pagerpal.com

The Bladetech requires me to leave my shirt untucked, but the PagerPal does not.

------------------
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens
of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with
arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts