1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any input greatly appreciated. How much do you guys think I might be able to get for this one on one of the auction sites?

I bought a Sarco FEG a few months ago. It really got me back into Hi-Powers and rekindled my interest in these fine pistols. It was fair condition on the outside but very good on the inside with a bright shiny bore. I installed new Wolff springs throughout, a C&S Safety, VZ Pro-Slims, a Browning rowel hammer, had it ramped, had the action crisped up, the rear sight notch opened up a skosh, and had it cerakoted. It's one heck of a good shooter and will go with two 13 rd. mags, the original and some new but unused Wolff springs, and the original wood grips. Hopefully the picture comes through OK, but I'm a cyber-idiot, so bear with me. The pic shows a Browning ambi safety, but it now has a C&S safety.

I'm parting with it because I bought a '95 vintage FN Israeli, which appears unissued inside and out. It's at the shop now having a whole bunch of stuff done.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I have got to be frank. It is hard to gauge what it might be worth to someone planning to buy a feg and do more or less the same. I sold two FM pistols recently I had fixed up nicely. I was able to get about market for FM pistols. The other two I have I will keep. Hard to recover much from pistol upgrades unless the upgrades were done at a well known name with a waiting list or well known name no longer performing work.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I don't think that this HP will bring anywhere near what you have invested in it. If it is a good shooter(it is a good looking gun), I would just keep it and shoot the %&#@$ out of it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Agree, hotrod work done to anything never fetches the investment back. Sorry, but it's true, I've been down this road many times. Keep it, you'll get beat up selling it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts