1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Let's say I want to install Novak night-sights on a Springfield 1911. As of yet I haven't bought the gun. My choices are:

1. Mil-Spec. I'll have to have the smith cut up the slide and install them, right?

2. Loaded. Comes with Novaks already but are not night-sights.

My question is what would it cost to have the slide cut and have the sight fitted, because if it's more than the difference bewteen the Loaded and Mil-Spec, might as well buy the Loaded because it's cut already (unless the Novak that I want, the Ghost sights, are a different size than the plain ones on the Loaded package)

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Buy the Loaded and, if you can't order it with tritiums, send it back to SA or Novak's for the replacements. Send a 10-round group fired at a bullseye or Targ-Dot from a measured distance with the gun. If the sights are off, SA or Novak's can correct the POI to coincide with your POA. FWIW, the std. notch sights are much better (more precise) out past 15 yds.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Novak will charge you about $250 for their night sights, including installation. If the price difference between the mil-spec and the "loaded" model is about $300 or less, you'd be better off getting the loaded model, once you figure in shipping and maybe refinishing the slide after the sights are installed. I have seen some loaded models with night sights. I think this is a new feature in the last couple of months.

------------------
Byron Simpson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts