1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a C&S hammer and sear kit in my CD HP and what a difference it makes! The original trigger pull was a bit heavy and stiff - my Browning HP was worse - and it had a potentially disasterous problem. If you pulled the trigger when the safety was on and then lowered the safety, the hammer would drop to the half cock notch. The CS parts have cured both problems. The trigger pull is both lighter and crisper and the hammer no longer falls. The trigger pull is especially nice considering I couldn't figure out how to replace the hammer spring with the CS item. The bad thing is that the "no-bite" hammer nips me but since I'm sending it to EGW to have a beavertail welded on, I'm not worried too much.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's 206-000-017 Model CS285, No-Bite, Blue on the Brownell's website. As I said, it's not exactly no bite for me but then I have very fleshy hands. The beavertail will take care of it. As for the skeletonized hammer, I considered it but liked the look of the no bite better and it's marginally cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.