1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first decided to get gun belt I bought I 13/4 instructor belt and I like it to but it can be difficult to get threw a lot of my belt loops. Are the 1.5" a lot better? Is it worth buying anther ?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have two, 1.5 inch and one 1.75 inch Wilderness Instructor belts. I tend to wear the 1.5's more often. Better? I dunno. It's only 1/4 inch difference. I think I wear the 1.5's more because my best holsters are made for 1.5's

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just bought a 1 3/4" from Wilderness. I have some holsters for the 1911 that had 1 3/4" slots. I have been using their 1 1/2" belts for many years. I would say yes to your question about buying the 1 1/2" belt. IMHO they aren't any better just 1/4" narrower. Good belts and good company to do business with.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
If you're just using it as a pants belt, it depends on your pants. I suspect you could probably work it with most jeans, and those "tactical pants" guys like to wear. Anything more "dressy" would probably be a problem, but then those belts don't really go well with "dressy" anyway.

If you are using it as a gun belt, there is a big advantage to a 1.5" belt as that is the more common loop size for holsters.

I always pick 1.5" as it works well and is much more versatile than 1.75".

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The Wilderness belt is a good all around tactical belt but I would get it in the 1.5 width. It will work with anything. The 1.75 will not work with several pants.

Good luck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is the 511 tactical 1.75. I thought that it was a wilderness but it is. A 511. Is the wilderness as heavy as the 511. Also ABC3 I have one of your leather belts and like it a lot. It is just a little short. I am a slightly rounder that I thought when I ordered but I can still wear it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you'd like another belt option instead of getting another instructor belt, maybe check out the Volund Works Atlas belt.

Very similar concept with a less obstrusive belt buckle system, in my opinion. As others have said, stick with 1.5" for more ease of use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts