1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the grips off my CBOB to replace them with a set of VZes. I noticed this morning that the factory grips have the serial number of the gun ingraved on the inside of the right grip panel AND it is a mirror image. I looked at my Valor grips which are Micarta and they do not have a serial number on them.

Interesting! Anyone know who makes the grips for the CBOBs?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is it an imprint from the SN under the grip on the frame?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll take a look to verify...

I had a different set of grips on the gun so I didn't check the frame under the grips. That certainly sounds reasonable. I'll check next time I can get the current grips off the gun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My original equipment grips also had an "R" on one of them, but no "L." I wondered for a long time why they left the "L" out of there.

I also noticed that there were no "R's" or "L's" on Sarge's grips. It took forever to get them on with no instruction manual.

It's amazing what you find when you take something apart, isn't it?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You put the R marked grip on first so that way the Left grip doesn't need to be marked...at least for left handed shooters.:scratch:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
My Heritage grip has the same serial number on the grip as everyone else. :) That way I can remember that they went on a DW and not a Colt. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
My Heritage grip has the same serial number on the grip as everyone else. :) That way I can remember that they went on a DW and not a Colt. :biglaugh:
From what I hear, you did that so that no one could prove that was not your weapon after you pick it up off the bench and walk out of the get together. Just sayin'.....:biglaugh:
Sarge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts