1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is George and I have been lurking here reading and getting info for quite some time. Any way I finally got may Dan Wesson CBOB Friday, and broke it in on Saturday. Of course I had already ordered new grips before I even had it. Thanks go out to Sarge, my wife didn't get her jewelery box, but we both got some really nice grips.
[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]

From this side you might notice some kind on proof marking for what looks like 2009, they don't hurt how it shoots though!
During the break in I shot 400 rounds total 185gr JHP and 230 LRN, with no malfunctions of any kind:rock:.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.
Nice pics of your CBOB looking forward to your first Range report with Pics................

Clyde

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Welcome George!

Nice looking set you have there. The CBOB is beautiful - not sure about the "other" one. What is that, a KIA 1911? :biglaugh: (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

I believe those marks on your slide indicate that the gun was originally destined to be exported. They don't hurt a thing, and are kind of cool.

Shoot her is good health (The CBOB that is...)

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Don't know how I missed this one....
Welcome to the forum georgej! Nice family pic there!
Hope to see much more of you here in the future. :rock:
Sarge

·
Registered
4,837 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That set on the CBOB is awesome, what is the wood? Beautiful Weapon and beautiful grips from the Finer Grain on both!!:rock:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That set on the CBOB is awesome, what is the wood? Beautiful Weapon and beautiful grips from the Finer Grain on both!!:rock:
Box elder burl. Sarge really makes some fine grips, My wife really likes hers on the XSE, and I love mine on the CBOB. I am saving andmaybe some inlaid(spl?) mammoth tooth or coral in my future if the pocket book is ready when they are in stock.
Another thanks to Sarge who is a great man to do business with and makes extraordinary grips!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts