1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Colt Combat Unit pistol (45 ACP) in black ionbond finish
I would like to ask for help on info about this kind of finish( black ionbond)
How is the proper care that i need to have when cleaning?
Can i use ultrasonic cleaners?
The pistol i looked was made in 2016
Thank you very much for the help
Feel free to tell me your sincere opinion about the finish and the gun itself,it will be very helpful

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I’ve got 2 “Ion Bond” pistols a SIG P220 Carry, and a SIG 1911 Super Target Nitron, and the finish has proven to be extraordinarily tough.

The P220 has been my carry gun for almost 10 years and displays virtually no finish wear at all.

SIG’s Nitron finish is actually Ion Bond and they actually sent their pistols to Ion Bond to have the finish applied.

I don’t know if these days, they still do that, but Ion Bond is a tough finish that really holds up well.

I can’t answer for the use of ultrasonic cleaners, but I’ve cleaned my Nitron pistols countless times with CLP, G96, and Hoppes with no adverse effects at all.

Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve got 2 “Ion Bond” pistols a SIG P220 Carry, and a SIG 1911 Super Target Nitron, and the finish has proven to be extraordinarily tough.

The P220 has been my carry gun for almost 10 years and displays virtually no finish wear at all.

SIG’s Nitron finish is actually Ion Bond and they actually sent their pistols to Ion Bond to have the finish applied.

I don’t know if these days, they still do that, but Ion Bond is a tough finish that really holds up well.

I can’t answer for the use of ultrasonic cleaners, but I’ve cleaned my Nitron pistols countless times with CLP, G96, and Hoppes with no adverse effects at all.

Welcome from Florida.
Thank you very much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts