1911Forum banner

IPSC Rig? Need suggestions

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Kent Dorfman 
#1 ·
Hi,

First time 1911 buyer.

I'll probably get a Safariland inner & outer belt setup.
Probably a Blade-tech dropped and offset holster
And 3 double mag kydex pouches from Uncle Mike's, becuase I don't want to pay up the nose for them.

Any suggestions?

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

#2 ·
It looks like you have your mind made up. Good choices all of them.

If you get really into the game, be prepared to spend $150 for a holster and $22 bucks per mag pouch. Keep it in mind.

Check the USPSA members area website for some deals on holsters and pouches. Good luck to you.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

#4 ·
Jeff/Skunkabilly: Are you looking for a fullsize or cmdr. sized rig? I have a older/yet classic (and in perfect, near new shape) Ernie Hill Fastrac rig for sale. It's for a cmdr sized 1911, with the 9mm plug (which can be simply changed out for other caliber for $5.00 from Ernie Hill) and the 2-pc belt system and two separate mag holders. One is the 2 mag holder, the other the single. I can provide further info if you're interested. They're in black stamped basketweave, leather. EricO

#5 ·
Originally posted by EricO:
Jeff/Skunkabilly: Are you looking for a fullsize or cmdr. sized rig
I have a full-size 5" bbl. I bought a cheapie Uncle Mike's paddle holster (20 dorrar), and two Uncle Mike's belt magpouches (15 dorrar). I wouldn't get anything other than Uncle Mike's for magpouches...$50 for a mag pouch is absof***inglutely ridiculous. I'm keeping my Sidekick reinforced dress belt (wear it every day). I think I'll skip the competition belt as I don't want to spend another $100 right now. Going with gear I can use for IDPA is fine with me right now. Besides the paddle holster is easy to stuff in my belt when I answer the door...the belt holsters take all day to put on. I guess I'll skip the IPSC gear and just go with IDPA gear because I can use it regularly. I also have a paddle mag pouch on the way, they're easy to stuff into the pants. I don't mind having slow gear because it's me, not my holsters and stuff holding me back at the stage I am.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC

#6 ·
There are more than a few good GM level IPSC shooters shooting from IDPA legal Kydex holsters.

It is the shooter, not the equipment.

$50 for a mag pouch. Wow, who is selling them for that much? That’s just stupid when the Safariland 771's are only $17 dealer.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

#7 ·
Originally posted by Tom Freeman:
It is the shooter, not the equipment.

In that case I guess I'm screwed! Hehe

$50 for a mag pouch. Wow, who is selling them for that much? That’s just stupid when the Safariland 771's are only $17 dealer.

Bladetech's are. And I thought Safariland's was somewhere up there, as are Galco's. My Uncle Mikes work just fine.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC

#8 ·
Hmmm,
I know of one particular Air Force M class IPSC shooter that uses IDPA legal gear...

If anyone is interested in extremely fast IDPA legal gear, feel free to drop us an email or visit our website and check out Ky-Tac gear.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

#9 ·
Originally posted by skdtac:
Hmmm,
I know of one particular Air Force M class IPSC shooter that uses IDPA legal gear...
Rumor has it he also shoots IDPA wearing a black baklava and drags his knuckles. But don’t tell anyone else on the team he shoots IDPA. Could be bad for my, I mean his future on the team...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.