1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a used Wilson CQB that has fired aprox. 10,000 rounds. I do not know what kind of rounds but is that high number a lot? How should the value of the gun be adjusted? Anything I should be looking for in terms of wear?
Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last week I toured the Wilson factory in hopes of buying a new CQB. The folks there were very friendly. I too asked about life span of the pistols. They told me it could easily be 60,000 rounds before anything major would be needed. They said to change recoil springs every 2,000 or so, but that's it.

Sounds like 10,000 rounds is no big deal in terms of life of the gun. Just make sure it was always cleaned and properly lubricated.

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
I don't know the price, but I do know that there are tons of low-mileage guns out there that guys thought they HAD to have and are now up for sale. Check around, you might be able to find something in the same price range.

·
Registered
688 Posts
AZ Husker said:
I don't know the price, but I do know that there are tons of low-mileage guns out there that guys thought they HAD to have and are now up for sale. Check around, you might be able to find something in the same price range.
My classic has 20K-25K. Still as accurate as the first time I shot it.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
I'm not complaining, my stainless Protector has well over 15K down the tube. I'm just suggesting there may be a virgin out there for the same price.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
See my sig line below.

Nothing in my house has LESS than 9K thru it. My Gunsite has over 13K, Longslide has 15K thru the stock bull bbl and 10K thru the comped bbl, That's 25K combined. SA V-10 has 20K.

10K is just getting broke in & the bugs worked out. Tracy

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah, 10k is NOTHING. You should be through 2 firing pin springs an 5-6 recoil springs, but that's about it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Who says it has 10,000 rounds through it, and do you trust them? Personally, when I see a gun up for sale that says a number of rounds through it, I normally assume that the number is vastly underblown. In the same style, when people are talking about how many rounds that they have put through their personal weapon they are normally vastly exaggerated.

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
My two passions are high-end 1911's and Harley-Davidsons. Buying one of either is almost identical...find the yuppie that just had to own one, lost interest, and put it up for sale at a loss. Believe me, they're out there! Just sort out the ones that were rarely used.

·
Registered
694 Posts
10,000 rounds through a Wilson Combat? That number of rounds is barely enough to get the pistol broke in; if it has been maintained correctly.
You should not notice any looseness in the slide to frame fit. I would replace the springs just to be sure they are all good to go.
You should be able to tell how well it was cared for just by the appearance of the weapon. If it does look like it had been abused, I'd look elsewhere.
The good thing about a Wilson though is if anything does go wrong with the gun, Wilson will make it right.
I lost track of the number of rounds through my Protector (10,000 plus I'd guess) but it is my everyday carry gun and I trust it 100%.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Would the guy even had to have replaced the extractor yet? I don't think so....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I carry my CQB w/Rail and X200 for duty and love it! I have never had a malfunction (knock on wood). It has been great! I highly suggest any Wilson for the right price. Good luck!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned about 10k rounds as long as the weapon has been well-maintained. Look for battering and ask him about when he changed out springs, etc and how often. I've got 7600 rounds through my CQB and change out the springs every 1k rounds and shock buff every 500 rounds -- excessive, yes, but the gun could pass for 99% new even though it has been carried a rather significant amount as well as shot.

The frame and slide should be able to last 300k or more rounds if the springs have been replaced on a regular basis. The only major assembly that would need replacing is the barrel -- usually the rifling gets shot out around 60k - 80k and a new one will need to be fitted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts