1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not purchasing new 1911s because they feel they are just going to have to turn them in soon? I have my eye on a couple new Colts but man, it would not be fun to drop some money of something we aren't going to get to keep! Maybe Ive just read too many negative articles and being paranoid!

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Buy used guns privately. No record in most states.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I think you are just being paranoid.

But the used gun suggestion was a good one.

·
Registered
14,936 Posts
not purchasing new 1911s because they feel they are just going to have to turn them in soon? I have my eye on a couple new Colts but man, it would not be fun to drop some money of something we aren't going to get to keep! Maybe Ive just read too many negative articles and being paranoid!
I try to never make fear-based (particularly irrational) decisions. Can you name a single time, in recent history, that firearms have been confiscated, en masse? I didn't think so. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you are concerned that your guns may be banned what are you doing about it?

Get involved with a pro gun candidate for congress and stuff envelopes, make phone calls etc. Politely let them know you're a gun rights guy. They RIGHTFULLY think gunnies don't get involved with politics.

You can carp or take action. Rant off.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
From WalterGC:
I try to never make fear-based (particularly irrational) decisions. Can you name a single time, in recent history, that firearms have been confiscated, en masse? I didn't think so.

From PossumBackstrap:

New Orleans, post Katrina.

Very good point.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't think there is any thing wrong with planning for the unthinkable. I bet the Brits and Austrailians wouldn't believe in it a million years if you told them 5 years before the bans that their guns would be taken away EVEN hunting guns.

To call someone paranoid for planning for a gun ban is not much different for calling someone paranoid for carrying a gun in the first place.

Personaly I think a gun ban is possible with the way the country is leaning so far. Even the Republican party seems to be drifting to the Left! Maybe guns will be banned and then the ban lifted later who knows? Who would have ever believed Prohibition would have happened.

And whoever posted get involved it absolutely correct! I keep my membership up to date with the NRA and I am a member of a local state gun rights group and I write enoug email to my representatives that they know who I am.

Anyways me and another family member of mine are buying guns privately and stocking up on ammo in case ammo is targeted. If I have too I am prepared to pack my guns in cosmoline and bury them until the country comes to it's senses IF it ever does.

You can call me paranoid if you want I don't care, where I come from it's called being careful.

NOW... for Y2K I bought a generator and 15 gallons of water and drew out a large sum of cash ... now THAT I will admit was a little paranoid! Family members still joking me about that one! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buy used guns privately. No record in most states.
Wouldnt that work both ways? "I sold it to a private party, I dont have it anymore". ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
BillD;1724932]I think you are just being paranoid.

But the used gun suggestion was a good one.

Bill, I am also paranoid. I watched the ugly thing in New Orleans, so don't sell the power hungry gun grabbers short. We have far too many people (sheeple) in this country now that will follow blindly where they are led. Paranoid? Yes, Definitely! We have too many so called leaders who want WORLD POWER under the UN. We all know the stand the UN is taking.

I probably won't be buying any more weapons as I am just too darn old to shoot all that I have, but I will stock up on some additional components.

All great civilizations have fallen and we have been on top of the dung pile now for a very long time. Think Greece, Rome, etc.

Have a great day guys but remember to "Trust in the Lord and keep your powder handy"! (A favorite quote of a good friend of mine who also has seen a lot of changes).

Ren

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ALL of my guns fell into a lake while fishing recently. That is my story and I'm sticking with it :biglaugh:

·
Registered
734 Posts
What will happen is the same thing that happened in UK and Australia. They show up at your door with a list of all the guns you bought that were on record. They'll tell you to hand them over, if you can't produce them (or won't) they'll tell you you will be investgated and if they find one you will go to jail for 10 years.

99% of the people (the law abiding ones anyways) will hand the guns over right then and there.

I've read in many places they cut their guns up on a chop saw right in front of you and hand them back to you in pieces that way they don't have to deal with the expense of storing the weapons or destroying them.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
What will happen is the same thing that happened in UK and Australia. They show up at your door with a list of all the guns you bought that were on record. They'll tell you to hand them over, if you can't produce them (or won't) they'll tell you you will be investgated and if they find one you will go to jail for 10 years.

99% of the people (the law abiding ones anyways) will hand the guns over right then and there.

I've read in many places they cut their guns up on a chop saw right in front of you and hand them back to you in pieces that way they don't have to deal with the expense of storing the weapons or destroying them.
The revolution started because the army was sent to seize weapons. And at that time, it wasn't a foreign or occupying army, it was OUR army.

At some point, if we want to keep our country, folks will have to stand up and say "NO, you cannot have my weapons."

And then let the games begin.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
The revolution started because the army was sent to seize weapons. And at that time, it wasn't a foreign or occupying army, it was OUR army.

At some point, if we want to keep our country, folks will have to stand up and say "NO, you cannot have my weapons."

That's my plan. I just pray for the courage to follow it through...and that the occasion never arrises to have to.
...FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!:rock:
EXACTLY!!

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
BillD;1724932]I watched the ugly thing in New Orleans, so don't sell the power hungry gun grabbers short.
According to a packet I recently received the NRA is launching a nationwide campaign to pass legislation making gun confiscations during so called declared states of emergency unlawful.

·
Registered
457 Posts

Bill, I have thought and thought about that. And agonized over it. It's a very serious step that we would each have to weigh, considering the consequences to our own lives, and those of our families or anyone who depends on us. Just as each patriot who got involved in the American Revolution had to face very troubling decisions.

To me, a very interesting RELATED thing to think about is, does it make sense for all of us to just sit here and think about resisting a future confiscation INDIVIDUALLY? Certainly, that is not likely to be very effective. But at this point, I cannot really imagine how you go about organizing a group of people whose stated purpose is to fight back against the government, IF they ever tried to confiscate our firearms. That would certainly sound pretty scary to some of the public, and probably even to some gun owners, and would also invite scrutiny from various Homeland Security organizations. No matter how good the intentions are, it would certainly be misunderstood at some level.

But I still cannot help thinking: if at some point it would become justified for individuals to resist an unconstitutional "gun grab" by the government, then it would certainly also be morally and even constitutionally justified for those same individuals to organize themselves to resist more effectively. That was part of the purpose behind the 2nd Amendment to begin with! You know, the "militia" and all that. Militia doesn't just mean the government-run National Guard. It also means a CIVILIAN militia. I have no idea if, when, or how this would work, but it still seems like something that would be good for freedom-loving, law-abiding gun owners who love this country and its original Constitution, to start thinking about.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.