1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully the Mods will allow me to post this here, as I want to openly discuss this vitally important topic... We all support the 2A and firearm owners rights, Pres Trump, NRA, GOA, VCDL, etc... etc... or else we wouldn't be here, now would we?

With that said, I don't know about you, but deep down inside I have "butterflies" in my gut over the 2020 election. I mean, I am worried for this great nation of ours! Everything we knew as kids could vanish before our eyes, and America would never be the same again.

Imagine not only having your AR-15 banned, but also your 1911, your Ruger 10/22 that you've had since you were 16, your Benelli 12ga semi-auto shotgun, etc.. etc...

Could someone reach through their monitor and go {Slap!} "Whoa, Butch... Settle down... Take a chill pill..." and offer some calming reasoning.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
The Founders would be aghast that people would be this concerned with politics because of fear of having our God given rights taken from us. There is definitely a fundamental problem with the country when our rights are now up for grabs in elections.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
You are not alone. I've had butterflies for months.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
+1911 same here.

Mostly I like to be happy with whatever White House administration we have. A happy citizen so to speak. To have Liberals like Biden and Harris, and a continuation of the Obama policy will turn me into a cynical grumpy old man... not something I look forward to.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The Founders would be aghast that people would be this concerned with politics because of fear of having our God given rights taken from us. There is definitely a fundamental problem with the country when our rights are now up for grabs in elections.

Excellent point, We do have a serious problem, one that transcends this election. We were never supposed to have a 'political class'. It's anathema to what the Founders intended. Whether right, middle, or left, after a certain point, the prime focus of a career politician becomes self-preservation - people and country be damned. How best to preserve oneself and one's power? Buy votes. Those votes are bought by giving away stuff and promising to give away even more. The fact that what is being 'given away' belongs to us and future generations is lost on people conditioned to expect ever more 'free' stuff - which, as we all know, is never free. I believe the die is cast, however. There are more people living with their hand out 'expecting' in one way or another than there are standing on their own two feet. Should Trump win tonight, and I do pray that he does, it amounts to nothing more than a delaying action in a losing battle, unless, we do somehow manage to drain the swamp. But, many of those swamp rats are bringing home the bacon to their respective districts, so it becomes: your rat needs to go, but my rat can stay. That's how you get an ineffective and derelict character like Biden (and many others) in there for 30, 40, 50 years - with absolutely nothing of merit for the country to show for it. We do indeed have a problem.... a very serious one!

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Excellent point, We do have a serious problem, one that transcends this election. We were never supposed to have a 'political class'. It's anathema to what the Founders intended. Whether right, middle, or left, after a certain point, the prime focus of a career politician becomes self-preservation - people and country be damned. How best to preserve oneself and one's power? Buy votes. Those votes are bought by giving away stuff and promising to give away even more. The fact that what is being 'given away' belongs to us and future generations is lost on people conditioned to expect ever more 'free' stuff - which, was we all know, is never free. I believe the die is cast, however. There are more people living with their hand out 'expecting' in one way or another than there are standing on their own two feet. Should Trump win tonight, and I do pray that he does, it amounts to nothing more than a delaying action in a losing battle, unless, we do somehow manage to drain the swamp. But, many of those swamp rats are bringing home the bacon to their respective districts, so it becomes: your rat needs to go, but my rat can stay. That's how you get an ineffective and derelict character like Biden (and many others) in there for 30, 40, 50 years - with absolutely nothing of merit for the country to show for it. We do indeed have problem.... a very serious one!
There are no easy answers. We have created a massive welfare state and a system whereby votes are purchased by politicians by dispensing our money. But that is only a part of the problem. I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have voted this year don't even have a basic understanding of our system of government and how our rights are not supposed to be subject to democracy. We have an electorate that has no clear understanding of what the Bill of Rights even mean. And the people who control academia and our media have no interest in educating them.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I typically don't watch election results and just wait to see the next morning. But for whatever reason, I'm watching now. In particular, I'm wanting to see how the election is covered. I'm watching NBC now and one thing I found interesting. In one state, it's approx. 62% Biden/ 38% Trump with only 5% of the vote in and they're already calling it a Biden win. But in another state with about the same split, except that Trump is up, they're not calling it a Trump win. So how exactly does that work?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I typically don't watch election results and just wait to see the next morning. But for whatever reason, I'm watching now. In particular, I'm wanting to see how the election is covered. I'm watching NBC now and one thing I found interesting. In one state, it's approx. 62% Biden/ 38% Trump with only 5% of the vote in and they're already calling it a Biden win. But in another state with about the same split, except that Trump is up, they're not calling it a Trump win. So how exactly does that work?
So how exactly does that work?

You really have to ask?

·
Super Moderator
14,371 Posts
Same thing they did last time - it didn't work out the way they intended though. I'm not expecting accurate forecasting of this or that a win until at least well after midnight in the central time zone; way past my bedtime, so I'm only catching bits and pieces tonight as my wife watches. Even she is fed up with all the talking heads giving projections and opinions.

Reactions: ButchA

·
Registered
23,180 Posts
I think that we are all on edge at this point. But the early returns are encouraging. Not sure what is going on in my own state though. Vote count shows our man with a clear lead, but they are calling it a Bidet win. Certainly a watershed election at any rate. Hopefully good will indeed triumph over evil in this case.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I just heard today, I think it was Nigel Farage saying we are not only electing a President but the Leader of the Free World. That should scare the 'H' out of anyone in the world to think of Biden in that position.
100% correct except it won't be biden running the country. It would be harris.

·
Super Moderator
14,371 Posts
100% correct except it won't be biden running the country. It would be harris.
That is far more scary than Dementia Joe "leading the free world".

·
Premium Member
13,364 Posts
I do believe POTUS will win (he just won Florida by a bigger margin than in 2016), but it is still "nutz" that the battle grown states still have so many of their Citizens still thinking the Lefties have the answer. Nothing new of course, but with the Dem-party going even further left (off the charts) these days I was hoping some of these clowns would wizen up....

Keep in mind, this political war will never be over in this country, just human nature I guess. About half the population wants to be told what to do by the government in all parts of their lives...

So once potus wins, we can start talking about the 2024 Republican primaries, and which "Horse" to put our $$$ on. LOL.

Reactions: Mr. T and ButchA
1 - 20 of 954 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.