1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Xmas gift to myself is a pre Series 80 Combat Commander in 9mm that I purchased from my neighbor last week. I am placing a Brownell's order for sights, safties, hammer, etc. and have made a laundry list of mods that I want preformed. As soon as the parts come in it's all getting dropped off to Paul Liebenberg at Pistol Dynamics ( www.pistoldynamics.com ). I am fortunate that his shop is within 15 miles of my house and will make it easy to confer with him about the gun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered myself a Les Baer SRP, Tucker Answer & HF-1 holsters, mag carrier & gun belt. I screwed up and ordered .45 GAP ammo of which I need to un-load cheap if anyone is interested.

Looks like I should of order it sooner then I did. My luck it will come either when I go out of town to visit my dad, or once I have to go back to work

·
Registered
461 Posts
My Halloween gift to myself was an M&P45, Thanksgiving a SigTac leather jacket, and Christmas is a M&P9c and a Comp-Tac MTAC holster, plus a Dan Burwell trigger job for both M&Ps. And I have a S&W Performance Center 1911 on order for my birthday (Feb) so it's been a good year for gifts to myself. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'vs got a CZ-75B .40 in blue and a Fusion 10mm on order. Neither's really a Christmas thing, but I'm looking forward to them.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I think I'm gonna order a new front sight for my Customized Mil-Spec. I love how the serrations of the Yost Retro rear eliminates glare and I want to add a serrated front sight.

Other than that, I may pick up a...umm...Glock 19. Not to replace my 1911 or anything, but to "expand my horizons", as my mother says. ;)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lindermant said:
PD did some work on a pre-series 80 9mm Combat Commander of mine. Lucky you living so close ;)
Yes, Paul installed XS sights on my .380 Gov't and Mustang PL. He and Marie are great people, easy to talk to.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
My gift to myself (got last Saturday) was a gift to my wife:dope: ....a little Bersa .380 as a back up gun and something that she can more easliy handle, like I`ll ever take it out of my jacket pocket.

·
Administrator
73,850 Posts
I bought myself a used Colt Combat Elite a couple of weeks ago. I guess that counts as an early Christmas present. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Purchased a Wilson Combat Professional Model 1911, a few weeks back, as a Christmas present to myself. It looks like it will be a week or two late, though, based on the production time given on the order date. Either way, the new year will start off on a very good note. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Managed to find myself a Springfield Ultra Compact in nearly new condition for a good price. My wife had been bugging me for gift ideas, so I screwed up my courage a few notches and suggested a certain Springfield I had in mind ...

Blew me away when she didn't even bat an eye. Should have said I needed one for each hand while I was at it ...

The only problem is that she confiscated it as soon as I got it home, disassembled and reassembled, and admired it for a while. "Since this is a Christmas gift, no fair carrying it around until after Christmas ..." D'oh! :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sir, here's my early Christmas present to myself, a mid-'60s S&W 25-2. Being a .45 ACP, it can share ammo with the Colt and the Baer.

Hope this helps, and Semper Fi.

Ron H.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I just bought myself this Colt M1911A1 repro new-in-box a couple weeks ago, so I guess that could be a Christmas present to myself. Of course, the wife doesn't know about it, she doesn't appreciate guns and has no sense of humor about me getting things for myself. But, she doesn't have the combo to my safe either.:)

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
Yeah, I picked up an optical sight for my Colt A3 carbine. I was also thinking of getting one of those FEG PA-63 aluminum-frame 9x18 Walther clones but didn't get it done - maybe early next year.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I sent my Springer Mil-Spec in to SA for a bit of Custom work. I'll have it back next year. I guess thats a pretty good present....

·
Registered
21,990 Posts
It is so tacky to buy gifts for yourself.
I'll buy something next week, a Plastic M&P and a Burwell trigger for it; like Sholling.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
1saxman said:
Yeah, I picked up an optical sight for my Colt A3 carbine. I was also thinking of getting one of those FEG PA-63 aluminum-frame 9x18 Walther clones but didn't get it done - maybe early next year.
I have one of those PA-63's, it's a nice gun but needs some tweaking. It has a very stiff DA trigger pull and pretty harsh recoil, but a lot of that might be my Russian-made Silver Bear ammo too. Get a spring kit for it from Wolff, that'll help a lot. It's also liable to be quite dirty too. Got mine from AIM Surplus.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts