1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed a trade with Bob for one of the non-standard patriots. Mine is set up with hogue rubber double diamond grips (not those crappy wrap around finger ones), CMC hammer, sear, and disconnect, a STI carbon trigger, and what looks to be Novak style fixed night sites. It also has a wilson combat extended mag release. The finish is a very cool black oxide finish. Is that the same as the yukon finish?

I love my new gun, I hope to get to shoot it this week. The way its set up, it kinda reminds me of a kimber TLE (without the front strap checkering) but way way better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...forgot to add, the Model on it is YG-EXP. The serial # is YG4-PT01XX. Does the YG have anything to do with yukon?

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
I am not familiar with the Yukon finish. As far as the Black Oxide goes that is the name of the kind of Blueing process that Dan Wesson uses.
It is pretty much the same as the "regular blueing " process that has been used forever. I beleive that it is a little more environment freindly.
I have been wrong before, though. The one thing for sure, is that it is a standard blueing process. It is not an applied finish.

Bob

·
Registered
844 Posts
The YG4 stands for the engineering code name for this series of pistol development.

It stands for, "Young Guns 4".

Thanks,
Bob
DWF:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts