1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've never dealt with Brent directly but have been impressed with his responsive on this forum. If he is a good as many customers have attested then he should not have trouble landing on his feet (if he is in a position where he can move or change industries). Good customer service people are rare.

The danger for Colt is that once the layoffs start to happen, the really good people start to jump ship.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Don't write that here. Write Colt. Let them know what they did and how stupid it was.
Colt's loss will be someone elses gain! I'm sure there is a far better life after Colt.....right!

Colt has done him a huge favor, it just doesn't feel that way at the moment.

Only own one pony, glad to say it will be my last until someone else picks up the pieces and turns the legend around. For the time being, I'll send a strong message by not buying anything from Colt until that day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I feel bad for Brent but I'm sure he will be back on his feet in no time. But I truly feel bad for anyone who's gun is getting work done in the Custom Shop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To many people, Brent was the face of Colt and many still see him that way. This was the dumbest move ever by Colt. When a company lets one of the few guys who has a finger on the pulse of the industry go, you know that company is screwed up. This is what happens when bean counters hire management that has no idea what end the bullet comes out of. They wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them square in the face.

He was the best boss I ever had and I'm just glad I still have him as a friend.
If you can, please let us know where he lands.

I have 3 colt 1911's because of him. Heck, one is there now being tinkered.

I will patronage where ever he lands before I give them another dollar.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Brent personally helped me with more then 5 new colt 1911 warranty issues, not minor either. A full of rust commander, a 9mm new agent that never had its FTE issue fixed after 2 returns, a 01991 with bluing issues to name a few. Colts quality is very spotty and he would always take care of any issues on an on-line purchase. Now I'll have to buy local and inspect in hand to be safe. Disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I never interacted with Brent, but I was awestruck with his patience and dedication displayed on this forum. May his path forward be smooth and easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
PM sent to Pistold. I was sort of thinking of a new Delta Gold Cup. Thought the Custom Shop should be able to to do it for $2-3K considering what else Colt is supposed to be making. Wanted it no Series 80 but the roll stamps would cost money. An other new GCT but in 10mm with different roll stamps. If Brent is gone then that sort of changes things and explains why the Custom Shop is closed down.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just read this... What a shame, seriously, *** is Colt thinking??? I had the pleasure of have the assistance of Brent a couple times. He always made things right. Where ever he goes he will be a true asset to them. I just find it so hard to believe that they that they are that freaking stupid.

You're working to make buyers into believers in the Colt brand. Make sales, push your product... and one of the most important, CLIENT/CUSTOMER RETENTION... Colt Management is doing the exact opposite. Really sad...

Is there sill going to be a Custom Shop? Can you still send in your 1911 for a complete working over... gonna have to start looking else where... Springfield Armory Custom Shop...

Or may Brent go on his own... make his own Custom Shop. I'm sure he'd have work till he wanted to retire for good.

FAK!!! (FACE PALMING RIGHT NOW!!!)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Buffoons. This thread just saved me a couple grand.

·
Registered
22,682 Posts
This will hurt Colt. We enthusiasts and professionals on the gunboards are not a huge number but we have influence and we will not be speaking favorably of Colt any more.

I hope Brent stays in touch and stays in the business.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Brent's not a gunsmith himself, he was the manager of the Custom Shop.
If he sets up his own shop, he'll have to hire hands-on people.
Denis

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am alive and well just no longer with Colt. I will continue to be a member of this forum and interact as I see appropriate. I will also tell the forum when and where I land. I have and will continue to enjoy this forum and its members. All thoughts are appreciated.
Brent

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Thanks for checking in Brent. Whether your departure was your decision or theirs everyone around here will continue to call you an asset and friend to the community. Go where you will be happy, I hope it's way, way south of CT. They are working my very old WO. Hope to hear back tomorrow...GP

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
pm sent to Pistold.
Hopefully this will be a good thing for Brent. Hell, who knows, Brent & Rob may be what Cabot was needing. I'd buy a Cabot if Brent was involved.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.