1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is kind of depressing. I have seen all about the new Ruger pocket .380, the return of the Winchester Model 70, the new S&W revolvers and compact M&P .45, but not one word about Colt. Not even on the Coltforum or the two 1911 forums.

·
Administrator
13,319 Posts
Is Colt at the SHOT show?

Just started today . I'm sure the reports will start coming in . I don't expect anything more than the same ole' though . Sadly .

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
It is kind of depressing. I have seen all about the new Ruger pocket .380, the return of the Winchester Model 70, the new S&W revolvers and compact M&P .45, but not one word about Colt. Not even on the Coltforum or the two 1911 forums.
How about a DAO New Agent or a Sheriffs model SAA, maybe a Frontier Six-Shooter? ;)

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
DAO = Double Action Only, meaning you can't manually cock the hammer to get a single-action pull.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
DAO = Double Action Only, meaning you can't manually cock the hammer to get a single-action pull.
I hope it's a better version than the Double Eagle. Maybe it's something like Para's LDA. Please keep us informed. Sounds like Colt is going to be taking the handgun market serious again. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
They had the DAO Agent, which I really don't care for. They did have a couple of new SAA type revolvers. The Frontier Six Shooter and the Sheriff's (3" barrel) & Storekeeper's (4") model made on the design of the Black Powder style frame. They all use the 2nd Generation style Cylinder Bushing.
The Delta Elite looks cool and hopefully will be more durable that the original. Either way, it's a Colt.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The DAO New Agent isn't bad, I had visions of it looking like that Godawful Double Eagle. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
Wow, Colt coming out with a new original design. We haven't seen that in a very long time! Maybe there's still hope for them yet.

I still want to see them release a Series 70 Commander in blue and stainless. If anybody's still going to the show, plant a bug in their ear for me! :cool:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neither gun is one that I personally want, but I am glad they are still in the game. Looks like two good, solid marketable products.

Now, about that S70 Commander and Commercial National Match. . .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts