1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my LGS this weekend and they had a Wiley Clapp govt. model. It had a brass bead front sight. It appeared to be a standard Novak spec. dovetail. Am I correct on this? When did they finally switch over?
By the way I was extremely impressed with the Clapp and will be fighting the urge to slip in at lunch and take another look at it. Damn good looking pistol! two digit serial # as well:). Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bbossman. Went ahead and caught the Clapp;)! Serial# 23. Snagged it for a bit over $1100.00. Asked dealer if he was sure on price.. He just smiled and said "Merry Christmas"! Hell of a guy!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I switched out the brass bead on mine for Novaks Mega Dot tritium. It works well with the wide notch rear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll probably go that route as well. Just ordered a Wilson Bullet proof single side safety, Harrison short trigger and 10-8 rear w/ .156 u notch. I just prefer the look over the Novak rear. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I'll probably go that route as well. Just ordered a Wilson Bullet proof single side safety, Harrison short trigger and 10-8 rear w/ .156 u notch. I just prefer the look over the Novak rear. thanks for your help.
Nice mod's!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was at my lgs Saturday and ol Wiley followed me home as well.mine is a 3000 s/n. I was looking at Brownells &the xs big dot is there much difference in the two? I will probably swap out the safety for a Harrison, I put one on my ria full size and realy like the contour and feel of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do. I Should get time to fit the parts tomorrow. Me posting pics will be the real challenge;). To shrink my wallet even more I just happened to snag a holster from John Ralston (5Shot Leather). A bit pricey but well worth the cash.

·
Registered
568 Posts
To shrink my wallet even more I just happened to snag a holster from John Ralston (5Shot Leather). A bit pricey but well worth the cash.
Ah so you were one of the IBS buyers from facebook this week. :D Kudos - John makes some great leather. I'm wearing my Glock 19 in an IBS as we speak.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was one of the lucky ones on FB. John is a true craftsman. Hard to beat his rigs. I have a SME for an HK45c that just disappear's when worn. Just waiting till he starts taking orders again so I can get a belt from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts