1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new para limited .40 and unlike many others I never had any problem with it feeding but I couldn't get any type of group out of it at all and after many many rounds and trying everything i knew to try i sold it for a new colt trophy .45 and the very first trip to the range I wore ONE ragged hole in the paper at 25feet. So i'm not sure if the para was in that bad of shape or I just did that much better with the .45 colt.
I've had other .40 cal in glock and other brands and although i'm still not quite as good with them as i am with the .45 i wasn't sure if it was me or just the caliber. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey Tex,
Its the gun, see there is something about holding a nice new Colt in your hands that brings out the marksmen in most of us. Good move on your part!

------------------
Cheers,
Ty
www.CoolGunSite.com

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Tex,,,
I cant believe that you would ask that question. Hell yes its the gun, and a Colt of course. Son, you know better than that, what were you thinking? Damn I'm ashamed to have to tell folks that we live in the same Great State of TEXAS.

OK, BS is done, couldn't resist, must be the Jack Daniels. I suspect it is the gun, for real, the PO grip profile is so much different and the 1911 is so very comfortable. The PO cant match it, to me its like a Glock, boy theres another cuss word. The PO is bulky to me, it just does not feel right, the Colt does. If you cant control the gun or its not comfortable to hold/grip you will not do well with it. The PO is a good gun, but its not for everyone, you may be one of those. Dont frett about it, the Colt is great, you proved that for your self. I dont see a problem.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Contrary to popular myth, .40S&W isn't innacurate. I had a little Glock 23 that was super-accurate. Unfortunately, that Para's accuracy just sucks or its ergonomics are crappy for you.

I have a pretty low opinion of P-O in general based on dropping $700 on a NIB incurable lemon...

------------------
CastleBravo
The Pit: http://www.geocities.com/mr_motorhead/index.html

[This message has been edited by CastleBravo (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
too amny >40's will make your vision blur and your motor skills suffer. P.S. don't bother with the Brown paper bag, we all know what your doing.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I would attribute it more to the gun not fitting your hand, as opposed to the caliber. Sig, Glock, and many others have proven that the 40 can be a very accurate round, as opposed to some of the first reports from some of the so called experts.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Gun feel(trigger length,grip width, and angle) and sight radius are the top two reasons for success. I have had Sigs, H&K, and Colts in 40 that have shot just as good as my .45 1911s..... my .02

------------------
Cheers,
Ty www.CoolGunSite.com

[This message has been edited by Ty (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the 40 that another 5 wouldn't cure.

Seriously, I have a Sig 239 and a CZ75B both in 40 and they are both dependable and accurate. But I also have a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy in 45 and I wouldn't give it for both the others. I ran 1000 rounds through the Colt the first 3 days I had it with no
MFs except for two magazine failures and they were not the ones that came with the pistol. One Shooting Star and one Wilson
failed to latch the slide on the last shot.
The Colt is still going strong.

If it ain't a Colt, it's a copy!!!!!!!

------------------
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts