1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my TRP seems to shoot just a little left?it could just be me im not by any means a bulls eye but im a pretty good shooter it makes nice tight groups 1.5 to 2 inches at 15 to 20 yards but it seems i have to over compensate about 1 to 2 inches to bring it to center i have about 1200 rounds through it so far and i love this gun could it just be me? the slide/barrel/frame fit is top notch very tight.what do you guys think?:confused:

·
Registered
308 Posts
If it's been consistently left for that many rounds, it's time to adjust the rear sight. Move it in the direction you want the bullets to go.
Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
If you are only 1” to 2” off you should only have to move the rear sight a very small amount, drift or push (push preferred) the rear sight in the direction you wish the bullet to impact.
Start slow, move the sight maybe 1/32” at a time (about the width of fine tip marker pen) and go from there.
Good Luck

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so whats the best way to "push" my rear sight? and im not off by much on a hundred yard " sight in target" set at 18 yards if i aim for center of the bull i take out the left half of the bull circle with a nice tight group 1.5 inch if i am to the left side of the bull i get the same group in the center. is it worth messin with the sight? or just know that this is how i need to shoot this gun,in a life or death situation that one inch isnt gunna matter ill still put all 8 in the chest i know that, i just dont wanna screw up my sight/slide and have to take it to a gun smith

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
so whats the best way to "push" my rear sight? and im not off by much on a hundred yard " sight in target" set at 18 yards if i aim for center of the bull i take out the left half of the bull circle with a nice tight group 1.5 inch if i am to the left side of the bull i get the same group in the center. is it worth messin with the sight? or just know that this is how i need to shoot this gun,in a life or death situation that one inch isnt gunna matter ill still put all 8 in the chest i know that, i just dont wanna screw up my sight/slide and have to take it to a gun smith
Well I don’t know how high the threat to your life is in your environment, but it sounds like you’re in or have the potential for several fire fights a day.
If this is the case you should be able to live with the offset in your POI from POA

However, If you just want the gun to plant bullets where you aim them you will have to adjust the sights.
I have included a photo of the sight pusher I use by B&J Machine.
I works very well in 1911 designed guns as well as others.

The sight pusher protects the sight from damage verses drifting and you have less risk of over adjusting the sight.
I think I paid a tick or two over 100 bucks for the tool.
I bought mine at MIDWAY
The MIDWAY part No. In the master catalog is 163458 (should be the same for the web site)
Good Luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
Does your TRP have the Novak style rear sight with a set screw? If so, it may be just a press fit and you would be able to move the sight by loosening the set screw and just pushing the sight. If the set screw is hard to turn it may have Loctite on it. You will have to heat it up some to soften the Loctite.
Regards,
Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts