1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats my first question on the forum.. dont be too hard on me.. :biglaugh:

I just bought my 1911 and found the M1 very appealing. I havn't bought a rifle in a very long time and have no idea if the M1 is legal in Ca.

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but I thought i'd ask the experts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, it most definitely is. I'm not sure what the difference between the California Legal muzzle brake and the standard muzzle brake is, though.

I had a Springfield Armory M1A standard loaded with the SS national match barrel and national match sites, but I sold it because I needed the money to pay bills (I was in college at the time). Of course I regret it, but it was sell or ruin my credit rating.

I'll probably get another one eventually...

The general rule on whether or not a rifle is banned in California is if it is a semi-auto with a detachable magazine and pistol grip. The M1A doesn't have a pistol grip and is therefore still legal.

It's a bit more complex than that, though. Check out the California DoJ Firearms Division site for more information on the California assault weapons laws.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info..

now after my wife gets over the shock of the 1911 purchase.. it's off to the store to buy a M1a...

:D

·
Registered
504 Posts
CA legal M1As have the M14 style "flash hider" [EVIL EVIL EVIL flash hider :mummy: ] replaced by a "muzzle brake" [GOOD GOOD GOOD muzzle brake :hrm: ] to appease the primitive Kaliban fetishists running the state. They believe that inanimate objects, OR PARTICULAR COLLECTIONS of same, possess supernatural EVIL powers that can Drive Men Mad With EVIL Violent Thoughts and thus must not be owned, seen, or mentioned - for the sake of "the children" of course. :barf:

Seriously Springfield Armory makes a specifically "CA" version and sells the brake separately if you want to make an older (or American) M1A legal for Kalifornistan.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
This would qualify as a PRK legal M1A. However the 20 round mag would be a no no....Something to do with you PC Anti Gunners only have 10 toes and haven't figured out how to add in the 10 fingers too make 20 :mad:

Honestly, I feel for you guys but for the life of me I can't figure out how they run the Republic:confused:

This is an SA Bush rifle with I believe Smith ENT Muzzle Break. Urban Warrior also installed a Mercury Recoil Reducer in the Butt Stock. Claims it has the felt recoil of a .223 there abouts.

Karsten

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to stay away from you guys and this site.... or I'm gonna end up with a collection of guns.... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
well, the question pretty much has been answered.

It still is, since I bought my first M1A on Friday. :rock: Just 7 more days before I can actually pick it up. :hrm: I hate this state.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've set my sights on a M1A SOCOM 16, the one with a 16" barrel, with a Trijicon Tri-Power scope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts