1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then, I get the urge to trade my PX745S for kimber or colt or some other 1911's.
But everytime I get the urge, I take it to the range and run it though its paces, and I'm in love with it all over again...

[email protected] off hand during the windy day...:D

Eventho I suspect my Para's slide and frame are fitted wrong, it can certainly shoot!!
Except the 1 flyer.... donno what happened with that one:hrm:

·
Banned
410 Posts
My OPS is the best 1911 I have ever owned, but not the most expensive. It has a pinhole in the cast frame, some internal casting flash, and the grip safety is sloppy, but it groups excellent and has been perfectly reliable since new.

·
Registered
317 Posts
mine also may not win a beauty pageant, but it keeps smoking and throwing brass out the top. and little holes keep appearing in the paper in front of me.

not as good as yours though, great group

·
Registered
812 Posts
mity2 said:
Except the 1 flyer.... donno what happened with that one:hrm:
The flyer was probably due to the windy conditions, as you've stated.

Nice shot group!

My LTC is also the best 1911 I have and I don't even think about getting rid of it - ever.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its the wind.

I was using real cheap aluminum cased CCI blazer. So I was suprized to see group I got.

·
Registered
415 Posts
flyer

SpecStingPL said:
The flyer was probably due to the windy conditions, as you've stated.

Nice shot group!

My LTC is also the best 1911 I have and I don't even think about getting rid of it - ever.
I don't know about u guys but I get a flyer every first round out of the magazine. Never fails, goes exactly the same place to, after that the gun shoots right where I aim. can anyone explain that to me. I have tried everything but that flyer appears every magazine, first shot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
jocko said:
I don't know about u guys but I get a flyer every first round out of the magazine. Never fails, goes exactly the same place to, after that the gun shoots right where I aim. can anyone explain that to me. I have tried everything but that flyer appears every magazine, first shot.
Maybe be anticipating recoil on that first shot, and then you settle in, that's what happens to me when I haven't shot in a while.

·
Registered
160 Posts
jocko said:
I think almost everybody has a flyer on the first shot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
flyer

Gun Geek said:
I think almost everybody has a flyer on the first shot.
is it because it is the first shot or something OR the line up with the handgun itself. My comment was not that my flyer was the first round I shot, but it was the frist round out of any magazine I shot. If I shot 15 magazines in a row, it seems I have a set of targets that show this same flyer in the same position and then the rest seem to settle down. I might understand shooting a magzine and then 10 minutes later shootig another magazine and getting a flyer and it be shooter error, but I seemS to do it consistently. Not blaming the hadngun either, just asking for advice. Just read an artice in the 1911 gun magazine where one of the testers was shooting someones product and made a comment about a flyer on the first round to, He said it was quite normal. My question is WHY??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't think that Para makes the best 1911, but I like them and want to add more to my humble (2 P14) Para collection.

What I admire most about Para is that it is innovative (e.g. its virtual creation of the high cap 1911 concept and its invention of the LDA trigger).

I would like to get a LDA single stack 45 with adj. sights or the same in a P14 platform.

I also admire Para's pricing.

Its existing array of 1911s is fairly affordable, and I am sure that it will eventually enter into the higher end line of 1911s.

The only advice I would give the folks at Para is to think of some better names for their weapons.

I don't really care to shoot a hedgehog or feral hog or whatever they call some of their guns. P14 and P7 are just fine.

·
Registered
812 Posts
jocko said:
Just read an artice in the 1911 gun magazine where one of the testers was shooting someones product and made a comment about a flyer on the first round to, He said it was quite normal. My question is WHY??
My first comment was a joke about the wind.

It's been my experience on every mag, the very first may be flyer. Why however, I have no idea..:scratch: It must have something to do with the way that first round is chambered; without the assistance of the recoil spring, as opposed to when the slide travels back once the gun fires. It's a mystery to me. Maybe someone with enough knowledge about the technical stuff can address this phenomenon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
jocko said:
is it because it is the first shot or something OR the line up with the handgun itself. My comment was not that my flyer was the first round I shot, but it was the frist round out of any magazine I shot. If I shot 15 magazines in a row, it seems I have a set of targets that show this same flyer in the same position and then the rest seem to settle down. I might understand shooting a magzine and then 10 minutes later shootig another magazine and getting a flyer and it be shooter error, but I seemS to do it consistently. Not blaming the hadngun either, just asking for advice. Just read an artice in the 1911 gun magazine where one of the testers was shooting someones product and made a comment about a flyer on the first round to, He said it was quite normal. My question is WHY??
I believe it may be because the slide closes differently on the first round, where the rest of the rounds it closes under recoil. It's the basis of what they call the 4+1 syndome and it's quite common.

·
Registered
778 Posts
[/QUOTE] Short Answer NO. Not even close.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Agree

SpecStingPL said:
My first comment was a joke about the wind.

It's been my experience on every mag, the very first may be flyer. Why however, I have no idea..:scratch: It must have something to do with the way that first round is chambered; without the assistance of the recoil spring, as opposed to when the slide travels back once the gun fires. It's a mystery to me. Maybe someone with enough knowledge about the technical stuff can address this phenomenon.[/QUOTE

I have been told this before, but just found it very hard to believe that it was not me with the issue. But I can shoot 10 magazines in a row and everyone, on the first round will show a flyer. I have also thought the same thing that the first round is cycled differently than the rest but damn, they are all in the chamber, the bullet doesn't know it's first out of the magazine. Oh well thanks it does make me feel alittle better about my groups..

·
Registered
317 Posts
the best may be debatable, but mt Para just chewed up 650 rounds out in the desert shot by 6 different people including a 105lb 16 year old girl and a first time shooting 12 year old boy.
this non PTX LDA 14.45 went through all rounds without a single malfunction.

It may not be the best, but I can live with the accuracy and reliability of this 600 dollar used gun that I carry daily as a duty weapon, so maybe not the best but just what I need in my holster!

Now Im cleaning a very dirty gun!

·
Registered
415 Posts
good handgun

prophet42 said:
the best may be debatable, but mt Para just chewed up 650 rounds out in the desert shot by 6 different people including a 105lb 16 year old girl and a first time shooting 12 year old boy.
this non PTX LDA 14.45 went through all rounds without a single malfunction.

It may not be the best, but I can live with the accuracy and reliability of this 600 dollar used gun that I carry daily as a duty weapon, so maybe not the best but just what I need in my holster!

Now Im cleaning a very dirty gun!
My carry 9 is one awsome handgun:rock: :rock: :rock:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts