1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question here guy's, I'm new to 1911's in fact I don't even own one, it's on order, but is SA the most popular selling 1911 currently? It seems like the SA thread on this forum has the most activity.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They may not be the most popular, but I think we have one of the most loyal followings. This is directly related to the outstanding customer service provided by SA. I will have a very hard time buying a future gun from anyone else.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I read recently in a gun rag that Kimber sells more 1911s than any other manufacturer...but I have no idea if this is true or not. Dennis

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with both of the above.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Kimber makes and sells more 1911's than any other brand.

·
Registered
388 Posts
For me, the only "more popular" 1911A1 would be the Norinco if we were allowed new ones into the States.

Even if money was no object for me, I would take a Springfield Milspec anyday since new importation of Norincos is not allowed. Then again, if money was no object, I would own gobs of both brands! :biglaugh:

Others here in the thread have likely nailed what is actually most popular in general, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
As far as I know, Springfield and Kimber have been going back and forth as number one the last few years. I think Springfield might have the slight edge for late '07 and early '08. We should see some literature on last year's sales in the coming months, so it should be a good read.

Andy

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'd guess Kimber #1 with Springfield #2.

After that, it gets tougher because of the way the numbers are reported. In fact, you can't tell with Springfield anymore because of the XD.

I'd wager Colt is 5th or 6th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts