1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was reading through the thread above about the new models and from what I read the Patriot full size lineup is either being dramatically trimmed or going bye-bye. I hope they are not going to drop the entire Patriot line as I intended on getting one in 2004. They should at least keep one of 'em around and do the same fitting and testing that they have always done to the line.
I am also hoping that the new bobtail Commander is a Patriot. Now that one I am going to get, I alread have a gun picked out to see so I can get it.
Please clear up the confusion. Will there be a Patriot (like the 2003 models) available in 2004? What about the COmmander, will it be a Patriot style?
If the Patriot line is going away, what is going to be the new high end signature line for DW?

Thanks
Nala

·
Registered
844 Posts
Very Good question!!
Nope, The Patriot line is not going away. We are actually expanding the line this year with more caliber selections. Our standard full size line-up will be based on the PTE-S. Why, because this Pistol has everything that our customer wants and sells 10 to 1 against the fixed sight versions. It will be expanded this year to the 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W and The RZ-10 will be upgraded to Patriot Status this year. In addition you will have the New Patriot Commanders with or without The Ed Brown Bob-tail, and the Patriot CCO.
Full size fixed sight Patriots will be available as a special order.

So, as you can see we are expanding the line and changing it to our customer demands and needs.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about 9x23mm?

Since you're doing the 38 Super, is there a 9x23mm possibility?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the adjustable sight model Patriot is gonna stay around in 2004 and bring with it a few pals. Oh baby, my bank account is gonna be in trouble.
Right off the bat I am gonna want one of those Patriot Commanders with the Bobtail. If I have to sell something to get it, I will.
Glad to hear the good news.

Nala

·
Registered
76 Posts
servarw said:
Very Good question!!
. It will be expanded this year to the 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W and The RZ-10 will be upgraded to Patriot Status this year.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:)

Bob, What do you mean by the RZ-10 being upgraded to Patriot status? Internal changes? What?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's too bad that they are dropping the fixed sights on their pistols. I am a firm believer that a good combat sight should be fixed. My Pointman Dave Pruitt shoots right where I put it. The only thing better than a good combat sight would be if it were a night sight same design. I am interested in buying another DW 1911 or maybe two more, but I would never pick an adjustable sight gun don't like the way they look and too much to snag on clothing and too easy to loose parts or move. That is my opinion after 25 years of LE work I find that there is no need for adjustable sights, when good combat sights are on the gun. It's hard enough to find any DW 1911 in the NH area, if I do they want 900.00 for them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bob; I have the Patriot Marksman with fixed sights and I am ready to buy the Patriot Commander if it has fixed sights available. Did I misunderstand or did you say that all DW's will have adjustable sights unless special ordered. I too like a good set of fixed sights.

·
Registered
281 Posts
RogoMay said:
Did I misunderstand or did you say that all DW's will have adjustable sights unless special ordered. I too like a good set of fixed sights.

Actually he was speaking of the Patriot model in particular:

Originally posted by servarw
Full size fixed sight Patriots will be available as a special order
Italics mine.

A look at this thread finds some details about product mix

Originally posted by servarw
1) PM-XSS, Stainless major NEW, Internal extractor, fixed sight retail $599
2) PM7-S, Stainless major 7, everyone loves this classy lady, Internal extractor, fixed sight retail $799
3) PTE-S, Patriot Stainles Expert, extractor external, Retail $ 899
4) PTM-CC, Stainless CCO NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights retail $899
5) PTM-C, Stainless Commander NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights retail $899
6) PTM-CBOB, Stainless Commander NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights, & Ed Brown Bob-Tail retail $899
7) PM1-S, Stainless major High target rib, Internal extractor, Adjustable sight retail $699
8) RZ-10, Stainless 10mm, Razorback, Internal extractor, going to external next year, retail $899
9) PT-GH, Patriot Stainless 10mm NEW, GLOBAL HUNTER, extractor external, Retail $1195
10) PT-GSH, Patriot Matte Black 45 acp NEW, GLOBAL SURVIVALIST, extractor external, Retail $1195
Italics mine

The point is that they are not dropping the fixed sights on guns that would be more combat oriented as opposed to target shooting oriented.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't see the dave pruitt model on the list is this being dropped or limited editions? I guess my guns will be majors since they ahve the fixed sights. I don't mind cast frames I don't see any difference in fact I think they are tighter slide to frame fits. I do like gloss blued guns with rosewood grips.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks Parker. Now I just need to find out when the Commanders will be ready to start shipping so I can hound my dealer to get me one quickly :p .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts