1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just orderd a Wilson bullet proof slide stop. Is this part really "drop in"? I was haveing some FTF cause of the slidestop going up on my SS Kimber.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
You may have to fine tune (file/shape) the lug that engages the mag follower. You will also have to check for bullet interference with this lug, depending on what type of ammo you use.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> WDG, did you by any chance, inadvertently, push the slide stop up with your off hand thumb? That has been known to happen at times. Were there still rounds in the magazine, when it happened?
----------------
Raspy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raspy,

Yes there were rounds still in the mag. I would never say never but I don't think that is what is going on here. It has only happened with 230 grain hardball in 2 Wilson 8 rd. mags. The factory 7 rd mag has worked perfectly. So have the Win Clean ammo with the flat nose. I can push the mag in and out while it is loaded with the mag release pushed in and feel the nose of the bullet barely touching the slide stop.

I have since purchased some more mags and have them all numbered so I can remove any variables.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by WDG:
I can push the mag in and out while it is loaded with the mag release pushed in and feel the nose of the bullet barely touching the slide stop.

That is probably the problem right there - the bullet should not be touching the slide stop at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts