1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I learned so far, being new to 1911's, the Factory new CD would be your best bet.
1) obviously it is NIB
2) it is the Superior grade two tone/ the other is feild grade.
3) I have been told that a ss frame will give you a better fit and is more durable. Makes sense to me.
4) it is a good price for a NIB CD even after shipping. I paid $431 total from local dealer for the exact same CD and I feel that I got a good deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Those are both "old" model CDs. Note the sights and grips. The new "enhanced" models have wood grips and better sights. Also lowered and flared ejection port and beveled magwell.

Those price on the two-tone isn't too bad, but the blued one seems high. The new models go for around $100 more than the old.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

[This message has been edited by AKM (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Registered
671 Posts
The two tone has the prefix CDXXXXXX. According to most members, models with this prefix are better than models without prefix.

In case the blued one has also the CD prefix, I'd go with the two tone. Don't know how much it'll cost you for chroming the frame but here in my place its about $50.

Hope this help.

vega

·
Registered
233 Posts
hi vega, theres not a whole lot if any differnces in eather modle. except one has novak like sites and wooden grips. better of the two? sales".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by vega:
The two tone has the prefix CDXXXXXX.
Now that I look closer, it does look like a CD prefix, but I didn't know any of the new models had the old grips and sights.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine is an FS but it has the lowred and flare port. It has (had
)the old sight and plastic grips but it also had the hump on the grip saftey and "beveled" mag well. I think it was a "transitional" FS.
Just FWIW.

Kestryll

[This message has been edited by Kestryll (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I would avoid both of them. My experience tells me the Enhanced models are the only CDs worth taking a chance on. Both of these have the old sights and appear to have the plastic grips, which tells me they are likely some form of "transitional" gun and I have a low opinion of the FS models.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too must have a transitional gun because the only thing my FS dosen't have that the EFS model has is the wood grips and sights, and it has the CD prefix.

I have not had one problem with mine, and I would not pay $100 extra bucks for non-night sights and wood grips. That money could be spent on actual night sights.

·
Registered
192 Posts
was at KBI and asked about mine CS which has lowed/fluted ejection port, combat trigger, extended beavertail, wood grips, but NOT the lowprofile sights. He said that the models with the old sights are NOT the new Enhanced models. If I heard correctly (and I may not have) all the CS models came/come with wood grips. Big error on my part, because I ASSuMEd that I was buying the newer Enhanced version because of the wood grips and other features. I was wrong, and wish I had done more research on this particular gun before I bought it. I would have rather waited for a new Enhanced model instead of this one... Oh well, hopefully KBI will fix it up good and it won't be an issue!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by Walking Point:
I would caution against night sights on any gun because they are nearly as bad as ported defense guns unless you just want it for the range.
Please elaborate. How are night sights a bad thing for a defense pistol?

------------------
No Second Place Winner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts